I tried to learn that solo when I first started playing, but it was way too hard. I was thinking about learning to play it last week, but never got around to it. You should definitale learn that solo cuz it's not too hard, but still impressive.
it sounds ok, but its hard to tell from a cover, if you write your own material and do a solo similar it will be easier to tell.
I know that solo very well so ill be sincere
The first part is not note but note and you didnt play some notes so it doesnt sound like it should be, but the second part of the solo..( like this on the high e string; 4 0 0 5 0 0, etc, was great,
so improve that first part and you ll have it in your pocklet
Hey, how'd you get that sound at the beginning? It sounds just like the album track. I ussially just bend up on the 15th.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Hey, how'd you get that sound at the beginning? It sounds just like the album track. I ussially just bend up on the 15th.

Hey. Actually i was pretty pleased with that.

I just used a bit of three part harmony. Like you said it was a full bend on the 15th. Only overdubbed with it, on different tracks is a half bend on the 14th fret (E string), and another fullbend on the 14th fret (G string).

The darkness use it a lot, but to me......any harmonised lead with load of bending is all about Brian May.
Servant woman! Fetch me a drying cloth at once!!
Quote by gibsonbrothers
hey gilmore where did u get the music for budakai and if u just figured it out can u tab it for me?

Course i can tab it for ya man. Ill post it back in this tread.
hey, i am a big fan of the darkness. would you please be able to sorta help me out with that solo , you did an awesum job of playin that solo too
Quote by Stratomasta
hey, i am a big fan of the darkness. would you please be able to sorta help me out with that solo , you did an awesum job of playin that solo too

sure thing dude, what do you need help with? Like someone said before......what i play on that recording isnt note perfect, but that was more of a jam/improv thing.

What seems to be the problem?
Quote by Gilmour_Wylde
sure thing dude, what do you need help with? Like someone said before......what i play on that recording isnt note perfect, but that was more of a jam/improv thing.

What seems to be the problem?

Hey, sorry i had to go. I need help playing the really fast part that you played, i'm not sure wat it is. i've been told that its called fret tapping but i have no clue how to actually do it, thanks. And also how to do that three part harmony if thats alright, i'd still be happy with just learning the other part though
Last edited by Stratomasta at Sep 19, 2006,
No, the fast part isnt fret tapping, wel is something like this

|-4-0-0-5-0-0-7-0-0-9-0-0-.... Play it with alternate picking, get the timing right cause its a little hard in some parts, but all alternate picking, slow at first of course
Quote by NunoSlash
No, the fast part isnt fret tapping, wel is something like this

|-4-0-0-5-0-0-7-0-0-9-0-0-.... Play it with alternate picking, get the timing right cause its a little hard in some parts, but all alternate picking, slow at first of course

ohh i see, cool thanks i'll go try it out