I just wanted to know how to tell which pickup is the rhythm/lead on a Les Paul, and I believe most Gibsons follow that same pattern anyways.

I know how it works on Fenders, but just not for Gibsons.
If I had my way, I'd crush your face in the door.
Rhythm is the neck pickup and the Treble pickup is the lead or the bridge...I think.
Quote by Eric 666
Rhythm is the neck pickup and the Treble pickup is the lead or the bridge...I think.

You're right
Yes I also believe that is right. If you think about, treble=boost. So treble (bridge) is lead.
It usually says on the pick up switch plate.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by halfpast2
Yes I also believe that is right. If you think about, treble=boost. So treble (bridge) is lead.

rhythm- neck pickup, treble - bridge pickup.

The person I quoted is wrong though. Treble doesn't equal boost, it means it brings out (boosts I guess) the highs, but it doesn't mean just a boost. The names are misleading btw because most of the time when I play rock (I'm a reggae and blues man) I use the Bridge (Treble) for rhythm, and the neck pickup (rhythm) for lead.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
gotcha, I hardly ever play Les Paul's anymore due to my lazyness so I didnt remember lol.