Im starting a band and we're practicing this sunday. There are two questions in this post. One, what should I do to prepare for the practice(this is my first band). And two, what kind of amp should I get to be able to play with drums. Im looking for around 200-300 dollars and the band is gonna play hardcore stuff, but I also play every other type of music on my own time.
What kind of amp do you have now?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Ok. I would say buy a vox AD50Vt if you can afford one. Very versatile amp. A roland Cube 60 would probably be your other choice.

Things to come:
the best you can buy for 300 will just barely get you over the drums.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
I agree with Funk, vox is loud.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
get the cube
greatest amp for hardcore especially for the price
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well if you all have access to a PA system, you can just mic a small amp for now. if not behringer makes pretty good amps for a reasonalble price.
we dont have a pa system right now, plus I wanna get someting that I can use in the long run. I'll probably save up and get a vox.
The vox is just $60 above you're suggested price range. FYI.

Things to come:
I'm assuming since you plan on playing hardcore, the pedal with the cab simulation is probably a distortion. As long as you have a decent distortion pedal, Crate makes some tolerable entry level 120 watt amps at around $300.
They're loud and reliable, and with a distortion pedal, you don't have to deal with the sub-par distortion crate is known for. Their cleans are quite good though.
check pawn shops for deals. I picked up a crate GX-212 at a pawn shop for 180 bucks. 120 watts=over the drums. if you get something loud with a decent clean, you can always run a nice pedal if you're not happy with the dist/OD.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
1. Practice a lot, get everything to perfection.

2. Roland Cube 60 should be great for you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30