I've had my line 6 spider II amplifier (112-75 watt) for a good while now, but I still haven't figured it all out. Often when trying to find a good setting I get stuck with a real compressed feel, that just isn't right - Especially when your playing a slinky tune like lucretia. I HAVE figured out the simplistic tonal controls, but even when evened out, the nasty compression remains... BTW it's not a pickup problem either, I sit on a bidge SD Humbucking pickup, that's attatched to a Shecter C-1 XXX. Help will be very appreciated.
maybe get a distortion pedal or a new amp
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I used to have a website in my favs. that had those settings, I personally dont see anything wrong with the Line 6's....
i have a Line 6 Spider II and the tonal quality is poor
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Well I guess some channels arn't as bad as others, and oh yeah, when I bought the amp almost a year ago, it was retial $300, I got it for $260, which still isn't a deal since it's down to $200 now! Do you reccomend I wait a while and save up for a half stack and a good amp head and cab(marshall?).
Quote by Americanhoser
Well I guess some channels arn't as bad as others, and oh yeah, when I bought the amp almost a year ago, it was retial $300, I got it for $260, which still isn't a deal since it's down to $200 now! Do you reccomend I wait a while and save up for a half stack and a good amp head and cab(marshall?).

Yea, if it is possible to save up and get a good halfstack, do it. Be careful with those Marshalls though, there are good ones and bad ones. Make sure you read up on which ones to look out for.