Poll: Which guitar should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I get?
Gibson SG
23 28%
Epiphone SG
1 1%
Gibson Les Paul
27 33%
Epiphone Les Paul
5 6%
Fender Telecaster
10 12%
Fender Stratocaster
17 20%
Voters: 83.
If I could get any of these guitars (which I plan on buying a new one) then which one should I get? (I play mostly indie rock and some punk/hard rock stuff)
im actually looking to get a schecter omen 6 sometime soon. les pauls are always nice imo.
I voted Gibson SG, Just because I like them and there a good all around guitar, Long scale, Easy Accesses to every single fret, Light, Thin easy to play,

but really In the end its YOUR choice,
fender telecaster plus.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
If it's punk and harder stuff, definitely not either of the Fenders. The single coils on them will definitely leave you wanting, and the wood they're made of will not produce the tone you're likely looking for.

Neither of the Epiphones if you can get their Gibson counterparts.

That leaves the Les Paul and the SG. Im going to vote for the SG for the simple fact that the LP is very heavy--if you're a younger or smaller person, then it'll definitely be more of a burden than a bonus. The SG is far lighter and you can get pretty much identical tones out of it, plus it's just more versatile in my opinion. However, the LP is mahogany and if you really really want that meaty tone that only mahogany will provide, then go for the LP. But my vote is definitely the SG.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Man, what is the obsession with SG's on this board? I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I've never liked Gibson's they just feel wrong but especially the SG's, can't stand them.
Depends on how what sound your after, the gibsons are going to be thicker/warmer and the fenders will be brighter.
I don't know or care, play them, decide for yourself, honestly we can't decide for you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
What RHCP said.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
You're so lucky to be able to afford a new guitar... Im so skint... its my own fault....
So lets put on our classics and we'll have a little dance, shall we?
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
fender telecaster plus.

Tele FTW
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by R_H_C_P
I don't know or care, play them, decide for yourself, honestly we can't decide for you.

I care but I agree^
Well man, I would say it (it being what kind of guitar you should get) depends on roughly 5 things;

? What kind of music do you play;
-Different Guitars Act better for different Music; like Fender Telecasters; you look at Country & there is NO OTHER GUITAR to those guys...]

? What's your ability level & How long have you been playing;
-Now a true Gibson Les Paul is gonna run you between $1,500 & $5,000...if you're just starting out & this is gonna be like your 1st or second guitar, I wouldn't recommend Dumping that kind of $$ on an Axe...

? What kind of amp are you gonna be using?
- I Reccommend the Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H (I Have one it's Great) & a Marshall for essentially any type of Music, if you wanna do Blues or Country - hunt down an old Marshall Plexi head, Soft Rock - go for like the MG100HDFX Combo, Metal - I Suggest the JCM800 (essentially only because you can get it in Red Tolex & thats wiked rad)

? Who are your big influences?
-If you've got influences like Zack Wylde go get a Les Paul
-If you've got influences like Carlos Santana pick up an SG (People who've seen the video of Santana playing Soul Sacrafice Live a Woodstock know what I'm talkin about...Id much rather have that '68 SG with two Gibson P-90's then a Paul Reed Smith ANY DAY)
-If you're influenced by someone like Jimmy Page then get either a Les Paul or a Telecaster...
-if you're influenced by like Randy Rhoads then get either a Jackson or a Gibson or an Epiphone Flying-V (I Personally own on of the Jackson Pro RR3 Randy Rhoads Flying-V's...& IT IS AWESOME!!!!)

I would say out of the best all-around instrument of the ones you listed; Fender Stratocaster...& If you look at the ammount of guitars by other manufacturers that are Based on the Fender Stratocaster Vurses the Telecaster, the Les Paul, the SG, the Flying V, the Explorer, etc...there is no other Guitar (Electric anyways) that has more copies or Guitars generally Based on it, then the Fender Stratocaster...

but I Personally Suggest that you get one with a Floyd Rose Double-Lock Tremelo
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Make up your own mind, I guess. Just go to a guitar store, slam your money on the counter and say "I want some guitars!!!! * drool *" Erm.... yes...
Original Songs by IggyG:
Hit My Name!
Quote by Cal UK
Tele FTW

+1111111

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Ace88
If it's punk and harder stuff, definitely not either of the Fenders. The single coils on them will definitely leave you wanting, and the wood they're made of will not produce the tone you're likely looking for.

Neither of the Epiphones if you can get their Gibson counterparts.

That leaves the Les Paul and the SG. Im going to vote for the SG for the simple fact that the LP is very heavy--if you're a younger or smaller person, then it'll definitely be more of a burden than a bonus. The SG is far lighter and you can get pretty much identical tones out of it, plus it's just more versatile in my opinion. However, the LP is mahogany and if you really really want that meaty tone that only mahogany will provide, then go for the LP. But my vote is definitely the SG.

arent sg's mahogany too
Quote by Mazz-
Well man, I would say it (it being what kind of guitar you should get) depends on roughly 5 things;

? What kind of music do you play;
-Different Guitars Act better for different Music; like Fender Telecasters; you look at Country & there is NO OTHER GUITAR to those guys...]

? What's your ability level & How long have you been playing;
-Now a true Gibson Les Paul is gonna run you between $1,500 & $5,000...if you're just starting out & this is gonna be like your 1st or second guitar, I wouldn't recommend Dumping that kind of $$ on an Axe...

? What kind of amp are you gonna be using?
- I Reccommend the Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H (I Have one it's Great) & a Marshall for essentially any type of Music, if you wanna do Blues or Country - hunt down an old Marshall Plexi head, Soft Rock - go for like the MG100HDFX Combo, Metal - I Suggest the JCM800 (essentially only because you can get it in Red Tolex & thats wiked rad)

? Who are your big influences?
-If you've got influences like Zack Wylde go get a Les Paul
-If you've got influences like Carlos Santana pick up an SG (People who've seen the video of Santana playing Soul Sacrafice Live a Woodstock know what I'm talkin about...Id much rather have that '68 SG with two Gibson P-90's then a Paul Reed Smith ANY DAY)
-If you're influenced by someone like Jimmy Page then get either a Les Paul or a Telecaster...
-if you're influenced by like Randy Rhoads then get either a Jackson or a Gibson or an Epiphone Flying-V (I Personally own on of the Jackson Pro RR3 Randy Rhoads Flying-V's...& IT IS AWESOME!!!!)

I would say out of the best all-around instrument of the ones you listed; Fender Stratocaster...& If you look at the ammount of guitars by other manufacturers that are Based on the Fender Stratocaster Vurses the Telecaster, the Les Paul, the SG, the Flying V, the Explorer, etc...there is no other Guitar (Electric anyways) that has more copies or Guitars generally Based on it, then the Fender Stratocaster...

but I Personally Suggest that you get one with a Floyd Rose Double-Lock Tremelo

hey man not to make you jelous or anything but i have a 67' sg wiht 2 p90, sorry to make you sad i just got it and i love it and i wanna tell the world about it
Hmm. some people seemed to have misunderstood my last statement.

TELE

/thread

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Rise Against, which i feel is the best punk rock band out there uses Gibson SG's... so i would tell u to go with them if u r lucky enuf to afford one!!!..