thoughts and feelings?

I'm thinking about picking one up for solo boost and tone, among other applications.. I've heard good things about it and have been to several guitar shops who don't carry it. Thinking about getting one on ebay, ALSO looking for thoughts and feelings about the KFK model. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
the Danelectro Fish N' Chips 7 band EQ was the best EQ ive ever played on. it was surprisingly quiet even with the level all the way up. and its only $30.others may have different thoughts but i loved the Danelectro.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
It's the best EQ I've ever heard, and it's at a pretty good price.

The Danelectro is pretty good, but I don't think it's quite as good as the MXR. Plus, you don't have to worry about breaking the MXR by stepping on it.

The Kerry King model is definetely not worth the extra $20. The only extra feature is the mid-cut, which nobody should use, ever.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by Chimaira
It's the best EQ I've ever heard, and it's at a pretty good price.

The Danelectro is pretty good, but I don't think it's quite as good as the MXR. Plus, you don't have to worry about breaking the MXR by stepping on it.

The Kerry King model is definetely not worth the extra $20. The only extra feature is the mid-cut, which nobody should use, ever.

You know if it's true bypass?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The MXR 10-Band? I'm pretty sure it's not. Why'd you ask?
Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by Chimaira
The MXR 10-Band? I'm pretty sure it's not. Why'd you ask?

I'm looking for an EQ for my new pedalboard, and I'm trying to keep it all true bypass.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Well if hes getting a 10 band eq, he clearly cares about tone, and considering non-true bypass pedals SUCK tone, its a pretty important question.

But to answer your question: both the MXR and the fish n chips are great pedals. The kfk is again, definitely not worth it. And if you really want an eq your gonna keep forever, then go with the mxr, but if your experimenting to see if you even need an eq, or just wanna test out tones, go with the fish n chips to see how well you like an eq, and then move up if you feel you need the MXR.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by Archeo Avis
I'm looking for an EQ for my new pedalboard, and I'm trying to keep it all true bypass.

An all true bypass pedal board will suck your tone. True bypass pedals don't buffer your sound. Buffering is what causes the loss in tone. Your sound needs to buffered if your using a decent/large amount of pedals. If not, than it'll result in an equal amount of tone loss.

My Opinion: Have all true-bypass pedals with one non-true-bypass.
Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by Chimaira
An all true bypass pedal board will suck your tone. True bypass pedals don't buffer your sound. Buffering is what causes the loss in tone. Your sound needs to buffered if your using a decent/large amount of pedals. If not, than it'll result in an equal amount of tone loss.

My Opinion: Have all true-bypass pedals with one non-true-bypass.

In my opinion if any pedal should buffer your tone it should be your EQ, or your tuner - something that isn't supposed to contribute overall tone.
Marty
hey theres this thing called the morning dew eq, by some antelope company. its only got low, mid, high controls, but its a very versatile eq, and its also got a state of the art buffer. might want to look into that if youre looking for more general tone shaping/adjusting to rooms kinda stuff.

that said, does anyone know of a good buffered eq pedal?