Alright, so I'm looking into buying a Les Paul, it's my dream guitar. However, I love the tone of EMGs in some guitars. So I was wondering, do they go well in combination with a Les Paul, and if so how much would it roughly cost to have them put in. I'm looking at around $1500-2000 for a Les Paul, and an EMG-81 and an EMG-85.

So guitar + pickups + installation fees? Rough amount? I live in Canada if that helps with prices.
If I had my way, I'd crush your face in the door.
Dude, with that money, you can get an ESP EC.

Also, what's your current amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well, to be entirely honest, I've got a Line 6 Spider II... lol

But right now I have a squier telecaster and I'm tired of it, and really want a new guitar.
I've been playing the same guitar for like 3 years now, and I want more quality, and a new sound. And I always loved Les Pauls....

But would it be a better idea to upgrade the amp first?
First of all Go coheed and cmabria!!!!, next yes I would say split the diff, get a nice amp and a nice guitar, and put emgs in the guitar,

Like: Lower end les paul + Emgs +Vox valvtronix 100w or another nice amp,
you can get ESP LTD EC-1000 with EMG 81/EMG 60 for like $1000-$1200

I think i saw it for about that on Tom Lee Music website, can prolly get better deal too.

also www.axemusic.com - free shipping in canada

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?P_ID=4000&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=esp,guitar&numPageStartPosition=1&strSearchCriteria=all&PT_ID=all
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I have a question about that ESP EC-1000.

Is it a flat-top Les Paul style body like some of the other ESPs of that body style? I absolutely hate flat topped Les Pauls, and it's really hard to tell from that picture on the link.
The ESP/LTD EC-1000's are indeed carved top, not the flat tops like you hate I used to own one, but mine had the Seymour Duncan JB/'59 setup instead of the EMG's. MINE wasn't a flattop anyway, i'm assuming the ones with EMG's aren't either.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Sacralidge! Leave it alone, you don't buy a Les Paul and then change out the pick-ups! My god, emg's are great but they are not the be all and end all of guitar pick-ups.
yeh LTD EC are carved top except for 1 i thikn. ESP Eclipse all are carved top except for the NT Standard which is different. and yeh the LTD would be a wise choice as long as you like your the sounds your amp produce