So I just downloaded a bunch of blondie songs for the purpose of making fun of my friend who died her hair blonde, but I actualy really like the songs. Does anyone else like Blondie?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I like their jam "Call Me". That's all I know though. Is your friend hot? Play that song to her.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by teamzaius
I like their jam "Call Me". That's all I know though. Is your friend hot? Play that song to her.

Yeah she's pretty hot. Their doesn't appear to be a good tab though.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

She's not overly bad, I could happily sit there and listen to 'atomic', 'call me', 'heart of glass' or any of her other stuff, it's just not my favourite stuff.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by andrewbiles
She's not overly bad, I could happily sit there and listen to 'atomic', 'call me', 'heart of glass' or any of her other stuff, it's just not my favourite stuff.

They. Blondie were the band. Debbie Harry was the singer.

They're good. Very influential on punk/new wave bands, surprisingly instrumental in the rise of hip-hop/rap with their song Rapture.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
^ I know they were a band but I've never really been able to think of them as a proper band, just Deborah and her playboyness.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I dunno, they're okay. Quite influential, I'll give them that, but I just don't really like them. I wacthed a documentary about them a few weeks ago which was interesting. Has anyone heard their first few demos? Quite humerous - their guitars are out of tune and they can't play in time.
did anyone watch that bbc documentry on them that was on about a month ago? they came as a bunch of arses though it really was a good program.

yeah. interesting post.
I saw that documentary. It was about an hour of "Yeah, The Ramones, they were mean to us. Television, they were mean to us. Talking Heads were mean. CBGB's was mean..."

Yawn.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
i'm loving 'heart of glass' at the moment but havent heard much else by them. I think i've got one of their records from my dad's collection so i guess i'll give it a listen some time.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
For some reason, this thread just doesn't feal right here... But then again I do suck and could be wrong.
its either that or 'other' (Where no one goes!) so here it is

unless andrew wants to move it ofc.
Yes, any forum that discusses the Lion King soundtrack in a positive fashion is a dark and evil place. *shivers*

On topic, never cared for Blondie. I'm more of a Talking Heads guy.
the lion king was a brilliant movie, and elton john wrote some cool songs for that movie >
Quote by j0nmcc
when Atomic comes on, you can't help but dance.

<3 "the bassy bit" in it.
Parallel lines is a sweet album. I really wish I could catch them on their farewell tour.
aren't they the band with that Maria track?
the heart is a risky fuel to burn