Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Nope, sorry.

Even if it was, it would sound waaaaaaayyyyy too bright.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Nope, sorry.

Even if it was, it would sound waaaaaaayyyyy too bright.

Are you saying that it's better with the passives?
I dont think its to bright (they are actives on the 06 models though), I myself like alder and don't find it to sound as bright as people say with actives
^Not really, just saying that there are better pups for alder.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It actually is...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I love alder, its one of my favs, close to mahogany, i find it to be very versatile
Quote by metal Lover
I've heard that alder isn't really a good wood.

alder is a very good wood, it just has different tonal qualities to other equally good woods such as mahogony. It all comes down to preference to the different tones they provide.

basically, alder = bright tone, mahogany = darker tone

both are good for metal as long as they have the right pickups in them, alder is especially good to cut through when playing lead, and mahogany is especially good at playing heavy rythyms.

EDIT:^to above, i also love alder the crisp trebley sound you can get out of it, and also the potential to get heavy.