Page 1 of 2
Which do oyu think is better Ibanez guitars or fender guitars?

I think its Ibanez with the best guitars.They got great quality.and look better and play faster.Also I think stronger my friend slammed his Ibanez guitar rgx20 on the floor and its fine just some srcatches and broken stings and it still plays fine.
my 2 favorite companies, i have a fat strat with a duncan invader and i want the ibanez rga121 for xmas their both good no matter what anyone says haha
ibanez

*pats my new ibanez prestige*
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Ibanez, hands down. The RG1570 is one of the best guitars out there. I've been longing for one forever. Ibanez also makes Steve Vai's guitar, which I played at Guitar Center. It was so light and played like butter.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Fender for me. It's all about preference. If you play metal you're probably not gonna be into Fender.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
This is like asking if apples are better than oranges.
well from my experiences...(i own both) ibanez for sure, its better tone, easier to play...
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
Jesus, I like 'em both, but I think I prefer Ibanez just for the fact that they look cooler, they both play awesome.
kind of like two different flavours, niether one is better, just what you like.
Quote by YoungPilgrim

What's wrong with comparing apples and oranges? They're roughly the same shape, size and weight, in addition to which, they both serve the same social purpose. If I were going to compare an apple to anything it'd most likely be an orange.

ps. I prefer apples and Ibanez
Fender FTW
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
dude, ibanez!
fender is great, but i'd have to say ibanez
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Ibanez, for sure.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by YoungPilgrim

What's wrong with comparing apples and oranges? They're roughly the same shape, size and weight, in addition to which, they both serve the same social purpose. If I were going to compare an apple to anything it'd most likely be an orange.

Fender all the way
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
Quote by Thegeetarnoob

They are two different types of fruit, just like Fender and Ibanez are two different types of guitar. I, personally, would never even consider buying an Ibanez but I acknowledge that they make some quality instruments. They're just not my cup of tea.
If I were going to play metal, I'd pick up an Ibanez. But even then, I could get me a HSS or HH Strat and still sound metal. But it wouldn't be quite like an Ibanez. But only from the RG series. That's the only good series Ibanez has. I prefer Fender in general, though... But like everyone said, it depends on what your style is... Just for the record, I think Ibanez basses are way better than their guitars. Fender, on the other hand, makes both good guitars and basses.
This is like comparing an Aston Martin to a GMC truck !

They both serve very different purposes , the tone is insanely different (And subsequently : Sound character in general) The neck/general feel and weight are very different, the styles they cater to are different, what the hell is this !

A metal player will probably say Ibanez unless he's into the "old-tone".

A blues/old-school rocker/clean guitar player will most probably prefer fender's weirdly captivating tone (yes i prefer ibanez but i still love any Fender's tone)

If it's a company comparison, Fender wins by experience, Ibanez wins innovation and "the cool" factor.

I prefer Ibanez, guess what that says about the music i play?
Fender. The maker of the most versatile guitars on earth. Simplicity pwns.
ibanez is cool, but if i could get my hands on a ssh strat i'd be haveing and orgasm
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Ibanez for fast heavy stuff.

Fender for cleans and other stuff of that sort.

If I had to chose one to live with the rest of my life, Fender.
They're completely different guitars, why even compare?

But just for the record so it doesn't look like I'm angry at the world, Fender.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Another pointless thread.
Its horses for courses. My friend has a custom JEM, its beautiful plays great another has a Fender custom shop telecaster which cost a small fortune, its beautiful and plays great.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by YoungPilgrim

Pfft! We all know that Oranges > Apples.

And Ibanez for me.

*smiles at my Ibanez from across the room in a shy manner*
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
ibanez, they necks a dam fine, the strats necks are too small for me, plus ibanez has a whole range of sexy models, jems, js hmmmmm
Eww fender

ibanez is way better
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
apples > oranges - more convenient, less maintenance required, more of an instant gratification.

Ibanez i think came in with teh view of taking the things that made Fender the choice for soloists around the world, and making the design more effecient for shredders. They're both good brands, fenders the original and ibanez is the modern variant. that's it. i don't think you can judge either guitar company by looking at their low end offerings as much as i wish we could.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
apples > oranges - more convenient, less maintenance required, more of an instant gratification.

Ibanez i think came in with teh view of taking the things that made Fender the choice for soloists around the world, and making the design more effecient for shredders. They're both good brands, fenders the original and ibanez is the modern variant. that's it. i don't think you can judge either guitar company by looking at their low end offerings as much as i wish we could.

Spot on
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
ibanez j-custom > jem > prestige> S series > yo momma > fender.

Fender looks ugly but their tone is totally different. really hard to compare. To me i hate the look of them with that naked headstock and boring wannabe white even tho its like creamy sperm white.

Ibanez > in looks actually and its different sound + Metal/Shred sound or any kind of rock really.

Fender > Well watch jimi hendrix :P
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Apples.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Page 1 of 2