Im planning on replacing the single coil pup in my stratocaster, and i want to get a metal tone out of it. What pickup should i put in it? I need makes and models, if you can.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maybe some Seymour Duncan Hotrails? I'm not sure about single coils really... check out Seymour Duncan's website.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Sorry, i meant to mention that they it's gotta be a humbucking pickup.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I have a Seymour Duncan SHR-1 hot rail in the bridge position, with a coil tap. Excellent sound and sustain.
what amp do you use? whats your budget? you sure you can fit a humbucker in there? have you checked the route? have you thought about the pickguard?
what amp do you use? whats your budget? you sure you can fit a humbucker in there? have you checked the route? have you thought about the pickguard?

I know a few luthiers who can do all the routing and bodywork and wiring, i just need to buy the pickup. As of now, there's no real budget, but anything over say $300 had better play like an orgasm.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

The Seymour Duncan Hot Rail fits right in without any alterations. I wired a mini toggle switch so I can go from humbucker to single coil but I rarely use single coil in the bridge position. The wiring instructions come with the pickup but my guitar tech rewired it a little different to better balance all the pickups. Sorry I can't tell you what he did but I am sure there is lots of info on the web on this subject. It's a very hot pickup and sends my Marshall amps over the edge -- but I like that.