Page 5 of 101
I don't think he sucks; he's skilled, but unoriginal and repetative. Plus he has a loooooooong last name which I don't have the ability to pronouce.
Paul is an amazing drummer, but he lacks signifigantly in creativity. Much better drummers than Paul, but him and alex webster are the remaining original line-up members. Their both, like, the soul of the band. If you took Paul out and put another drummer in his place, Cannibal Corpse wouldn't be the same band.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Yes yes.

But come on, listen to Chalky or Worm or those guys...they have a ridiculous range.

That's because it's Lord Worm for chrissake.
Although L.W doesn't actually "use" all of the lyrics a lot of the time, but still, damn good.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Last edited by FrEaKGuItArIsT at Dec 3, 2006,
Corpsey (that's his nickname now; don't argue) has definitely shown range with Paths of Possession though. Why doesn't he do that stuff in CC? It would be great.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Might lose some fans.
People who like CC mainly like it the way it is. I can't complain.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Dude, fans wouldn't leave, there was a far bigger jump between the Barnes-era material and the Corpsegrinder stuff.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
That's because George is better than Chris. In the words of Seth, "Barne's is a Pussy."

Shifting to a more constructive statement; Barnes was good, but I can't respect his ability to growl since he had to use a substance (Marijuana) to harness his growl. Not saying he' the only one to have done it, but if I were to pick between him and George who can growl naturally, I'd pick George.
i have butchered at burth its a sick cd
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
I show these guys live over the summer at Sounds of the Underground, and I must say Corpsegrinder's screams were ****ing godlike. Really had a shitload of energy. I wouldn't exactly say the drummer sucks though, he's got some skill. I like the drumming on "I Cum Blood" a lot.
Quote by Deth Toll
That's because George is better than Chris. In the words of Seth, "Barne's is a Pussy."

Shifting to a more constructive statement; Barnes was good, but I can't respect his ability to growl since he had to use a substance (Marijuana) to harness his growl. Not saying he' the only one to have done it, but if I were to pick between him and George who can growl naturally, I'd pick George.

Thats a lame reason not to like Barnes. I just dislike him cause he blows monkey balls.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Barnes really doesn't sound that horrible, I just like Corpsegrinder more. Plus, the material I've heard with George is better to me, though I haven't heard an incredible amount of old stuff. Mazurkiewicz really isn't that bad to me, he fits the stuff and does his job. He is kind of redundant and could add some more fills and stuff, but the drumming really doesn't detract from CC to me.
Quote by SickMetal
Barnes really doesn't sound that horrible, I just like Corpsegrinder more. Plus, the material I've heard with George is better to me, though I haven't heard an incredible amount of old stuff. Mazurkiewicz really isn't that bad to me, he fits the stuff and does his job. He is kind of redundant and could add some more fills and stuff, but the drumming really doesn't detract from CC to me.

Don't get me wrong I love some of the older material. The classic songs of that era are their best IMO. Stripped, Raped and Strangled. ****ed With A Knife, Hammer Smashed Face, A Skull Full Of Maggots. Can't go wrong with those songs.

Also I like Barnes' vocals on Eaten Back To Life a lot. Nice old-school DM feel to them.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
These guys kicked ass last night.

"This next song is about shooting blood from your ****!"

*cheers*

"You guys are cheering for that shit? That's ****ed up!"

lol Corpsegrinder is funny
I love the new stuff, honestly.
It's a lot better.
Corpsegrinder is great.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by AcidBath443
Thats a lame reason not to like Barnes. I just dislike him cause he blows monkey balls.

I never said I didn't like Barnes. But I do believe that using substances and the such to improve your musical skill in anything you do cheapens the music. It'd be like with Jimi Hendrix and how (and I don't knwo if this is thoroughly true) he wasa batter guitar player because of his acid habit. Sure, he was good, but what if he didn't take acid? Would he still have been good?

I know lots of people use something to help harness their growl; throat drops, soda, and so on. But if they couldn't obtain their voice through natural means, then I find it less impressive.
Quote by frozen-dirt

*cheers*

ahah, he did alot of that when I saw them too.
"This one's for all the women in Toronto.. [growling]****ed.. with.. a knife"
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by Deth Toll

I agree, but the growls in "Hammer Smashed Face" were great, whether he used Mary Jane to help him or not.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by FrEaKGuItArIsT
ahah, he did alot of that when I saw them too.
"This one's for all the women in Toronto.. [growling]****ed.. with.. a knife"

haha I love George's banter, and his nervous twitch is hilarious
I like Fisher over Barnes, I dont know why.... He was pretty funny live though haha. I kinda felt bad for him because everyone was shouting Dethklok and Thunderhorse outloud, except for me....I was standing in the front telling them to play Frantic Disembowelment..but they didnt haha, I wonder why.
I really wish they didnt sell those Dethklok shirt at Hot Topic....

Now there is no way im gonna own one
Quote by frozen-dirt

*cheers*

Hahahaha..... They said that over here to.. and

This one's for all the lady's out there....*plays ****ed with a knife*
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
I think it's one of their best albums, the best songs (my opinion) are:

Make Them Suffer
Five Nails Through the Neck
Maniacal
Submerged in Boiling Flesh

Favourite albums are:

Tomb of the Mutilated
The Bleeding
The Wretched Spawn
Gallery of Suicide
Gore Obsessed
Kill
Quote by -Alek-
How is their "Bloodthirst" album?

My favorite with Corpsegrinder by far. definitely check it out
I managed to get Kill and all i have to say is...

****ing amazing
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
Just wondering, I've got Eaten Back to Life and, overall, do they ever really play a bunch of solos, and kinda long ones that aren't just random wanking? Still an awesome band though.
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
They're not music. The guitarists are actually really talented guys, but this band sucks dick.

"BUT LIEK CANNIBAL c0rPSE AND DEICIDE ARE TEH SHITE!"
Quote by HavenSake
Its really good music. The guitarists are actually really talented guys, but I sucks dick.

Thats more like it.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by Mr. President
Ok, not their best.

It's definitely one of the best - killer riffs, good production and pretty technical guitar work.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by bsoates
Just wondering, I've got Eaten Back to Life and, overall, do they ever really play a bunch of solos, and kinda long ones that aren't just random wanking? Still an awesome band though.

'Eaten Back to Life' is their first album I think, and they were just developing. Yes, their solos are random wanking, but I still enjoy them. Get 'Infinite Misery. It is the ending song to the album 'Kill', and although it isn't a very fast solo, it has great effect.

Also, the start to 'No Remorse' off 'The Wretched Spawn', I think it's off that album.

--Masochist Lust
Last edited by Masochist_Lust at Dec 31, 2006,
^ that was damn hilarious
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
that rocked. It's not the lyrics that are bad it's the music Rape the limbless cadaver FTW
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.