I posted a couple of weeks ago that my amp was picking up a country radio station, even though there didn't seem to be a source for it anywhere in the house. I thought it was due somehow to the overall poor condition of the amp. When talking to a guy last night less than 1/2 mile, he said he has the same problem. As it turns out, he said there's a radio tower less than 2 miles from our houses. Is there anything that can be done to hopefully cover this up at all? At least it's not (c)rap, but country music isn't much better.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
r u using a wah pedal?
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
same thing happens with me. and radio towers near bye. its usually if i unplug my guitar then replu quickly. if you have the porblem just unplug chord then replug it. the only time it happens to me is right after i plug in or out so just keep on doing that until it stops i guess.
Is your amp solid state? A solid state amp has a transistor similar to that of a transistor radio. Try buying a tube amp.
Quote by mikeman
Is your amp solid state? A solid state amp has a transistor similar to that of a transistor radio. Try buying a tube amp.

But that would cost a lot more money.

I do need to replace my amp really bad. Are there any worthy tube amps to be had used for around $300?
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
wrap your amp in aluminium foil
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Quote by forgop
I posted a couple of weeks ago that my amp was picking up a country radio station, even though there didn't seem to be a source for it anywhere in the house. I thought it was due somehow to the overall poor condition of the amp. When talking to a guy last night less than 1/2 mile, he said he has the same problem. As it turns out, he said there's a radio tower less than 2 miles from our houses. Is there anything that can be done to hopefully cover this up at all? At least it's not (c)rap, but country music isn't much better.

Bummer
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by mikeman

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference - I can pick up radio stations on SS (mains and battery) and tube amps. It's the guitar + pickups, acting as an aerial, which picks up the signal - some guitars are worse than others. Shielding does help, but it sometimes doesn't eliminate it. Here are some tips on how to get rid of it :-
http://www.bartolini.net/selecting_electronics/choos_rf.htm
you just need a better shielded guitar cord.

the cord acts like an antenna and picks up stations.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i had this problem about a year ago with a ****ty line six, it was picking up this evangelist discussion radio thing.

i was afraid that that jesus was coming to get me for playing devil music