im about to buy a new electirc guitar for heavy metal stuuf manily like metallica so these are my options a esp a jackson or a ibanez which would be better for the stuff i want to play i have a buget of about $600-$900 (austrlaian) i would like to know wich one you guys think i should get and i have only stated brands but i want to know which actually guitar you think i shoud get and dont forget why

thanks
ESP FTW!!!

honestly i think esp's are MUCH better than ibanez's (personal opinion). jackson and esp are the top, but i would go with esp. Metallica uses esp guitars, as well as many other metal bands. I use the viper, and its sick. but look for esp's in the price range.

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16
full baked i love how ur sig says R.I.P metallica lol.

Look into the MG series from Jackson. The 06 ones have active EMGs if that's the sound you are going for.
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by FullBaked
ESP FTW!!!

honestly i think esp's are MUCH better than ibanez's (personal opinion). jackson and esp are the top, but i would go with esp. Metallica uses esp guitars, as well as many other metal bands. I use the viper, and its sick. but look for esp's in the price range.

+1111111111
speaking of EMG's:

GET A GUITAR WITH EMG 81 PICKUPS!!!! THEY ARE FUCKING AMAZING!!!

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16
full baked i love how ur sig says R.I.P metallica lol.

^^ i dont agree...a set of 81's are my cup of tea...

i say get a 81/85 or a 81/60......but if you are really going for the metallica thing

kirk uses 81/81 and james uses: 81/60

id say any LTD 400 or 1000

jackson MG????

Schecter Hellraiser

Ibanez RG or S

ytou really need to go to a store...try them out see what you like...dont replicate metallica gear..you'll never get there sound
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Dude, i agree with numbfinger, get sum EMG pickups, there gd.. Though dont get 2 81s!!! a combination on 81/85 is a good combination!
I am really thinking about gettin an 81 for my Ibanez, which by the way are just as good as ESPs, if not better in sum cases! (jackson? as gd as ESP/Ibanez? u on smack? )

I would recomend an Ibanez S series 2 u, as i hav 1 n its gr8! You can play metal on it n get gr8 distorton, n harmonics sounds awsum and thats with the stock pickups!!! Not to mention the ZR trem, 5*!

An ESP or an Ibanez wud b a gd choice, EMG r good too.... u cant go wrong!
Last edited by absoluteguitar at Sep 1, 2006,
Metallica only uses ESPs because they pay nothing for the guitars but get **** loads of money just playing them live or recording them. Thats the only reason Kirk loves the Fender or Stratocaster style of guitars and i think James favorites are the Gibson SG and Les paul.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i just got an ibanez prestige 7 string, very metal guitar, cost around 715 slightly used, new is like 800, i highly suggest it, definite shred/metal guitar, also schecters are pretty nice, if youre looking for a guitar that looks amazing and sounds pretty damn good check into schecter c-1 plus
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
hmmm people read 600-900aud that can afford you a LTD 50 series guitar, Ibanez RG321MH, Schecter maybe the omen series.

anyway ts what amp do you use?
600-900 will get you an ltd 200, not an ltd 400. get an ibanez imo, or a scheckter- lets face it - it's a lot of money to you but in the larger world of overpriced guitars relying on overpriced musicians to hype up useless characteristics 600 - 900 aus$ doesn't take you too far, however you can get a really nice Ibanez for that much. You can get an RG370DX for that much. It's meant to be good.
Marty
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yet the trem lets down the whole guitar (talking about the RG370)

what if you don't use it too much? one of my friends was thinking of getting this guitar but she's not a real whammy abuser just wants something to compliment her soloing.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
what if you don't use it too much? one of my friends was thinking of getting this guitar but she's not a real whammy abuser just wants something to compliment her soloing.

well then if she is going to use it once in a while i wouldnt tell her to get it. the reward wont be worth it imo since the task of changing strings may piss her off. and then setting it up is going to be majorly hard if you only plan on using it once like in a solo per song. i would ask her to look at wah-wah pedals they can compliment your solo's as well. but really unless she really does plan on using it everyday and is up to the task of it then yeh she can go all she wants with her guitar choice