Hey guys, I just inquired at my local music store the price of a roland cube 30.. he stated that the price was Lm160(maltese currency) but for Lm190 I could get the cube 60 which is only about 50$ more and would only take me a few more weeks to get.. which would be better in the long run ? Please give me reasons why and not just a yes or no, thanks
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Well...in this case the bigger the better for sure. That is if youre willing to wait. You never know when you might need the extra oomph of the 60 watts and 12" speaker. They both sound the same, just the 60 will sound better at higher volumes. IMO.
also the 60 has a 12" speaker ... so you might notice a slight difference in the fullness of your tone despite both amps relying on the same processor for modelling.
Marty
Quote by kurdtkobaign
You never know when you might need the extra oomph of the 60 watts and 12" speaker.

lol beat ya to it!
I don't really need volume at this point, the garage my band practices in is pretty small so a 30w is perfect.. would the fullness of the sound be noticable at medium-low volumes ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Quote by St3v3
I don't really need volume at this point, the garage my band practices in is pretty small so a 30w is perfect.. would the fullness of the sound be noticable at medium-low volumes ?

lemme just tell u this. If you buy the 60watt amp, you'll have one of the best solid state amps you can buy, not only that you'll have the top model in the range meaning that you won't be able to crave anythign more (except for maybe a tube amp) in the future.

If you buy the 30 watt you might regret it in a few months time, or whichever - and seeing that the 60 seems within your budget, maybe you have to set aside some patience and wait it out?
Marty
There will be no real VOLUME difference between the two. Wattage doesn effect volume...well...not noticably anyways. The difference in fullness is quite suprising. But what we're saying here is that with SS amps the more wattage the better because that will mean you will be able to turn it up louder without it sounding like crap. (SS amps sound like ass at high volume levels, the solution is more wattage). If youre practicing/playing with a band...then 30 wont be enough at all, IMO. Definately go for the 60.
If its not going to take you long, then you should always go with the better model, that means when you come to "need" the 60 watts you wont have to spend so much money
its only 50 bucks more. I think its well worth it for a solid state amp to go for higher wattage. The 30 SS is more suited as a practice amp. wait it out man,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Thanks again guys, the feedback has been great, I'll wait it out I guess :P
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
If you need the extra wattage, go for the 60. And remember that it'll sound better loud as it'll have more headroom and won't go into SS overdrive and clip.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
plus there's a speaker out on the 60 watt. if u ever end up with a cab, that's an even more noticable up in sound quality.

plus its not like the 60 watt is a beast in size. they are both portable, perfect for practice but the 60 is better for gigs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011