This is my attempt at the tapping to the famous Van Halen song Eruption. It's not great but hey I was bored and I thought why not record? (Sorry about that horrible rhyme.) Anywhoo constructive criticism I will crit people back. You may have alsso noticed I took down my "Shred" lick that was on my Dmusic as upon listening back it was well pretty poor. Well without further ado: http://caluk.dmusic.com/
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
ok.. i think you should practice it before you record some stuff and put it on the net. On the other hand it's coll that you try...
Quote by -mick-
ok.. i think you should practice it before you record some stuff and put it on the net. On the other hand it's coll that you try...

I can't get it clean I know when I hammer on with my third finger it always hits that high E string any ideas how to stop besides practice LOL?
Quote by -mick-

yes, i agree, also, wrong tuning
it's in half-step
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by guitarman015
yes, i agree, also, wrong tuning
it's in half-step

Ah OK I thought it sounded out with the original track any ideas how to stop my fat clumsy third finger bashing around?
Sounds ok. Biggest two things to work on are fluency (occassionally you get "stuck" during the tapping sequences) and avoiding those wreteched Other Strings of Doom.

Basically keep practicing
Quote by yawn
Sounds ok. Biggest two things to work on are fluency (occassionally you get "stuck" during the tapping sequences) and avoiding those wreteched Other Strings of Doom.

Basically keep practicing

Yeah I know it doesn't flow very well. Thanks for the constructive criticism, that was actually useful.
why do you keep phucking trying to recrit EVERY PHUCKING OTHER SONG!!!??? You dont even know any of the songs you crit. All you say is "I heard that song but you made it sound good, so go crit my song." They just posted rules for recriting so check them out dumbsh:t.
^ No need for hostility. He gave me good feedback on my song; it's not necessary to have heard the original in order to crit a cover.
Quote by ready4thebreak
why do you keep phucking trying to recrit EVERY PHUCKING OTHER SONG!!!??? You dont even know any of the songs you crit. All you say is "I heard that song but you made it sound good, so go crit my song." They just posted rules for recriting so check them out dumbsh:t.

I'm pretty sure that's what they said you're supposed to do. Crit others peoples recordings for accuracy tone timing etc. and you ask them to return the favour. Oh and by the way read what you've written before you post it as what you have written makes absolutely no sense.
Quote by Cal UK
I can't get it clean I know when I hammer on with my third finger it always hits that high E string any ideas how to stop besides practice LOL?

play it with your pinky not with your third
Ok chaps I rerecorded my Eruption tapping it sounds a lot better I also took my previous (Eruption) recording off Dmusic to avoid confusion.
thanks for the comment i tried loading your eruption audio but it said error when opening so sorry i cant listen.
Starr Lennon Harrison McCartney
Quote by conaty90
thanks for the comment i tried loading your eruption audio but it said error when opening so sorry i cant listen.

OK I'll see if that's a problem I can fix or something else.

EDIT: Ok I mangaed to download the file fine onto my computer. Try downloading rather than streaming see if that helps?
Last edited by Cal UK at Sep 4, 2006,
Quote by societies_worm
hey buddy, I cant get it to stream.

Doh! Erm I don't know what I can do to fix it. I managed to download it myslf today and I'll check about the streaming tomorrow I'm knackered.
i think you should nail the song before you post it. it seems you havent learned the entire thing, and the timing was a bit off to
Quote by gallagher2006
i think you should nail the song before you post it. it seems you havent learned the entire thing, and the timing was a bit off to

Well I said I was only playing the tapping as I don't have a Trem.