So I've got an (Epi) Les Paul Standard plain-top. The input jack keeps coming loose, so i tighten it, blah blah, it comes loose the next day. The guitar tech at GC told me I could either trade it in for another Plain-top or wait for them to get a new jack in and they could fix it.

Anyway.. the guitar they brought out, didn't seem to play the same. I don't know if it was just because the neck needed polishing because it had been on the floor or something, but it wasn't very smooth, especially the back of the neck, which is strange, because it's the exact same guitar, and should have the exact same finish, right?

Either way.. today I have to choose which one to do. Oh, and keep in mind that my Epi has a TINY crack in the headstock and a ding in the headstock and horrible buckle rash (which I would be more careful with next time). They didn't notice any of the things that had happened to it. But yeah, what should I do?
[/noob thread]
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Depends on how much you like your particular guitar. If the same thing happened to my strat I would have it repaired (actually I would probably repair it myself). But if you aren't that attached to it, trading it in for a new one may be the way to go, considering the damage you mentioned.
Quote by Schneiderman
Depends on how much you like your particular guitar. If the same thing happened to my strat I would have it repaired (actually I would probably repair it myself). But if you aren't that attached to it, trading it in for a new one may be the way to go, considering the damage you mentioned.

The damage is pretty minor and they wouldn't notice it unless I mentioned it.
I've only had my guitar for about a month, so I'm not that attached to it. But do you guys think the only real problem with the neck is that it needs to be polished?
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
keep it in. the input jack is a quick fix shouldnt take you more than 10 mins. and yeh dings and scratches are part of a guitars life