Page 1 of 2
They're beginning to sound a lot more corporate. If I just heard them come on the radio, I wouldn't really recognize them as Strike Anywhere, I'd probably confuse with some **** band like My Chemical Romance.
Not heard any real new stuff. Amazon keep srecommending them to me, but I haven't used Amazon in a while so it might be out of date. I quite like whatever I've heard though.
There a good band and really fun to see.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
new album has some nice tracks on it though, but yeah fatwreck clearly delved into their sound.
I was supposed to open for these guys back in Nestor Makhno... too bad they suck.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I just found out about this band. There are absolutely awesome.

I am going to see them live on March 9th. Should be awesome!
ahhh great, another crappy band that isn't punk. whats with these kids who post this garbage, we need to make a "crappy punk" page so all you kids who think green day, anti-flag, my chemical romance, the unseen, rise against and all those other crappy bands are punk should go there. crappy punk is welcome to fans of crappy punk, quit making threads in the punk pages.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
ahhh great, another crappy band that isn't punk. whats with these kids who post this garbage, we need to make a "crappy punk" page so all you kids who think green day, anti-flag, my chemical romance, the unseen, rise against and all those other crappy bands are punk should go there. crappy punk is welcome to fans of crappy punk, quit making threads in the punk pages.

There is a pop-punk/emo forum for those bands you dumbass.

And Strike Anywhere are punk, so yeah.
Woah, woah, woah. Anti-flag is still a punk band, dude. Nothing will change that. Regarding the others...you're probably right. Some would argue that the Unseen are still punk...and they probably still are, they just aren't good punk.
Anti-Flag is a punk band. And have been since before some of these posters here have been born. Their last CD was REALLY REALLY weak. And isn't so much punk. But you can't take away from their career as a whole.

Unseen is a punk band. With a higher budget than most. Why? Because they were good enough.

Strike Anywhere. Almost isn't punk. I don't like this band at all. Fat Wreck garbage.
stike anywhere are local for me, but i've never seen them. not my cup of tea.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by jhardcore
There is a pop-punk/emo forum for those bands you dumbass.

And Strike Anywhere are punk, so yeah.

anyone who loves green day, blink 182 and sum 41, has no voice in who or who isn't punk. PWNED
Quote by Mav-16
anyone who loves green day, blink 182 and sum 41, has no voice in who or who isn't punk. PWNED

I am not going to dignify that comment with a response. Oh crap, I just did.

Anyway, 'Instinct' is by far my favorite song, with 'Sunset on 32nd Street' being a close second.
Quote by Mav-16

you ain't the king of punk rock, and you ain't the judge either
hahaha this is awesome! someone bumped the thread!

oh yeah by the way, I still hate every single band that I previously hated. except now i'm not drinking every day and being a total ****ing asshole about it

have a nice day
i used to listen to these guys quite alot a few years ago, but kind of went off them abit after dead FM came out, chorus of one, change is a sound & exit english (love how the first 2 tracks go into each other) all get a spin from time to time though. Really good live, a great example of modern melodic hardcore
I just tried to get back my "To live in discontent" original Strike Anywhere album, it was behind my stereo, by the saving action, my Tommy LP nearly fell out of the shelf, but both survived, even though I didn´t listen to Strike Anywhere for at least half a year, they´re ok, but nothing to listen to more often than every 6 months.
the intelligence of all their songs blow me away.
dead fm is more fat wreck-ish, really suits into a tony hawk skate game. i still love it
I used to not really like them (see first page), but after I saw them, I got really into them. They put on such a good show.
I don't understand the Fat Wreck hate on here. I love some None More Black, NoFx, Propagandhi, etc.

Especially the NoFX hate considering they've been making punk music since the 80s, and are one of the few bands that haven't compromised themselves along the way.... and no, tehy aren't pop punk because they sound nothing like Ergs, Daggermouth, Descendents, Rufio, etc
^ although I don't really know that many NOFX songs, what I've heard sounds like pop-punk, and lots of bands are pop-punk and don't sound like the bands you listed.
Quote by mbbmalcolm
^ although I don't really know that many NOFX songs, what I've heard sounds like pop-punk, and lots of bands are pop-punk and don't sound like the bands you listed.

I disagree. Those bands are actually pop punk. Bands like Paramore and MCR are pop rock, and MCR's newest verging on Arena rock (aka a queen knockoff really.)
Quote by JustMimes
I disagree. Those bands are actually pop punk. Bands like Paramore and MCR are pop rock, and MCR's newest verging on Arena rock (aka a queen knockoff really.)

Well I guess it just depends on what you consider pop punk and what you consider pop rock. I guess I would have to say that bands like the ones you mentioned and the Offspring, Green Day, and etc. are pop punk and MCR, PAromore, and Fall Out Boy are pop rock or just pop. But then again, I don't really listen very much to any of those bands, so I could be wrong.
Quote by mbbmalcolm
Well I guess it just depends on what you consider pop punk and what you consider pop rock. I guess I would have to say that bands like the ones you mentioned and the Offspring, Green Day, and etc. are pop punk and MCR, PAromore, and Fall Out Boy are pop rock or just pop. But then again, I don't really listen very much to any of those bands, so I could be wrong.

I've honestly never heard Green Day, but Offspring flirts between pop rock and pop punk, usually falling on the pop rock side.. in my opinion at least. For me, pop punk are short, fast punk songs dealing with more pop themes or a little more poppy on the vocal side than most.
NOFX are definitely pop punk. Maybe not their earlier stuff, but their recent stuff is.
Quote by Ska Wars
NOFX are definitely pop punk. Maybe not their earlier stuff, but their recent stuff is.

I haven't really listened to their newer stuff that much, so that could be why.
NOFX are definitely GARBAGE
Page 1 of 2