hi

i have a problem when playing. when i bend the strings too far up, i always end up touching
higher (or lower) strings, which then resonate.
i tried to dim them, but it's hard since i'm crossing with my bend.

any help will be very appreciated.
nasgul
Try keeping the string your bending on the tips of your fingers, and use more than one finger when bending. That way, your fingernails will mute the strings before you touch it with the string.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
i tried it right now, and it actually dims it quite well. i should take a little time to get used to,
but that's not something to worry about.

thanks a lot, man.
Another thing you can try is when you know you're going to do a huge bend put your thumb of your picking hand on the strings that would usually make noise. Look up a show called "Rock Fujiyama" on youtube for a video example. It has Marty Friedman who used to play in Megadeth and he uses this technique.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
i checked it out on YouTube. there are many of these episodes and behind-the-scenes
clips. it's hard to see this technique on his playing, as he doesn't play that slow
is there like one clip that explains it? if so, could you please specify (eventually with a link).
plus, they are all in japanese, which isn't really my first language
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsCPJDRCgGc

Here's the link. This vid is as good as the others. You can tell when he's doing it when he does a big bend and he kind of rolls his picking hand upwards so that his thumb or the big fleshy part of the thumb mutes the strings. Just watch the whole thing and I guarantee you'll see it many times.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
i watched the entire clip. some very nice playing indeed.
i totally got what you mean.

thanks a lot for all the help.