Page 1 of 32
MY arch enemy?

You.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
great guitar players
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
well they have a woman screamer but there are better 1s than her, she sounds a little fake.... good band though.
Awesome. One of my favourite Gothenburg melo-death bands. They're old stuff with Johan Liiva was even more kickass than the recent releases. Have to say though, that Doomsday Machine is pure pwnage.
Awesome band. I like Gossow's vox, but the guitar playing was better pre-Wages of Sin IMO. As for Johon....

meh. *dodges flying eggs*
Never really gotten into them, I guess its because they have a chick singer. Girls singing like that make them unattractive to me. Fast guitar players though.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by chobbsy
well they have a woman screamer but there are better 1s than her, she sounds a little fake.... good band though.

that's because she is fake, she uses a voice makeover.
Quote by SinisterX
I guess its because they have a chick singer. Girls singing like that make them unattractive to me.

So her being unattractive to you makes the music bad?

I'm guessing your favourite band is Manowar.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by AngryGuitarist

Awesome band, I love both the old stuff and the new stuff. and yes, Gossow > Johan
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by AngryGuitarist

Seems to be able to pull them off live well enough...
Quote by Black_seeds
Seems to be able to pull them off live well enough...

Yeah, that makes me think AngryGuitarist's comment is BS.
The drummer is very fitting for their music, I like him. And Angela does sound a little rediculous at times. Her clean vocals are pretty funny, but she can pull off some good little bits if you look for them.
I love arch enemy, but ONLY their old stuff with Johan. Simply everything was better then, and now they seem to go more mainstream with every new release, doomsday machine is a horrible album! My favourite is Stigmata.
i never actually heard anything after wages of sin, but people tell me they're more hardcore now than they are metal, if thats true than , F
Quote by Mekho
i never actually heard anything after wages of sin, but people tell me they're more hardcore now than they are metal, if thats true than , F

Well, those people are wrong. Arch Enemy has always been a Melodic Death band (maybe more Death pre-Wages).
Hardcore wtf? They're clearly Melodic.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by dead-fish

Awesome band, I love both the old stuff and the new stuff. and yes, Gossow > Johan

? Shennanigans.

The true arch enemy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NYiBaYmXMfA
Does anyone else think Angela Gossow looks like a tool in the music videos? She moves her arms around WAAAAY too much.

Still a pretty good band, though.
they're stuff with johan is pretty good, but they've advanced a little more to me since they got Gossow. great band imo.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Mmm, yeah, I don't know. I just can't get into their older stuff as easily as I did with stuff like Wages and Doomsday Machine. I will agree on the technicality though, their old stuff sounds more technical and better IMO.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
? Shennanigans.

The true arch enemy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NYiBaYmXMfA

What does Marco Pitruzzella have to do with Arch Enemy?

Sickest drummer by the way.

Skeleton dance =
I was never much of a fan of Johan.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
Quote by Nelsean
What does Marco Pitruzzella have to do with Arch Enemy?

Sickest drummer by the way.

Oh, ****ing copy/paste bull****, I was watching videos on youtube, went to pull the link to an AE video, wrong tab! ****!.

Also, Mattias owns. The Applehorn is a sick guitar.

THIS is the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=77NK4aPayIU

In my opinion nothing has advanced since Angela joined the band. Old arch enemy kicks They have tons of headbangable riffs, Tons of great leads, great lyrics. Moreso than the later stuff.

I find the older stuff definitely more thrashy but its also got tons of melodies, I like how its almost progressive in an element, by throwing the melodic breaks, lines, leads, and fills in the middle of pure asskicking metal.

The stuff is more formulatic now, it bears a very strong resembalence to popular metal and metalcore because amott changes his riffage.

I don't personally like Angela, however I think more of the reason I dislike post-johan Arch Enemy is that they did change their style a bit. It sounds like arch enemy have become a bit tame compared ot their older selves. Also, I think Angela has a weak voice and it doesn't fit their lyrics too well.
^ You pretty much hit it right on the head. Either way, I still enjoy their riffage.

Quote by Nelsean
^ You pretty much hit it right on the head. Either way, I still enjoy their riffage.

Yeah, Its still pretty good, however I find myself drifting away from it more and more.

The irony was that when I saw AE they played about 50/50 of each era. They started out with Bury Me An Angel... And the headbanging didn't stop.

They were excellent live. Daniel was spot on all of his parts and angela was prancing around stage as per usual. Mike didn't screw up, but I guess none of his leads were the quick ones (*though some of them are my favorite*)
Watch the guitar solo in the end.

That guitarist is CLEARLY underrated.
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
Longhair, im proud of you man. You didnt include emo. thanks.

Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
Warmbulance=OWNED BY LONGHAIR?!?!

Quote by Rockwolf
^ I like you...Thats about it...Your the best September 06'er by far

Quote by 319

You and Longhair were the ones I liked, but I saw more Longhair posts
Usually I'm not fond of those style vocals but hers doesn't annoy me as much as other singers do, plus the music (mainly guitars) really makes up for that, it's really good.
I like Angela's vocals, but I'd agree that the newer songs sound quite similar to each other - I like Doomsday Machine but it's rare that I can be bothered to listen all the way through it anymore.
For me it is becoming more and more difficult to defend Arch Enemy. Personally I enjoyed Wages of Sin the most, but they have not come close to producing something of equal calibre since it's release.

I still think they're great, but the composure of the songs has gone downhill IMO. They do have some awesome riffs, but the riffs seem obvious riffs to write (the intro to My Apocalypse...it's cool, but it's something that 1000 other bands can do and probably have done before, whereas earlier riffs had that spark of ingenuity and originality). The riffs lack that certain something.

Also, I think they rely on these later "good but obvious" riffs far too heavily. How many times is the intro riff to 'Carry the Cross' played during that song? A lot. They have no problem in finding something good, but they stick to it, and this for me is where I start deducting point.

As a band they are playing very "safely" at the moment, composing music that is far within their ability, and what I would like to see is them starting to expand these restricted horizons. The problem is they have placed these limitations on themselves, because it's not as if they cannot write more intricate and detailed material than they are doing at the moment.

Verdict: Still a great, great band, but I would like to see them pursue the level of musicianship displayed on Wages of Sin and Burning Bridges. The music they write is good, but I think they can do far, far better considering what they have written in earlier years.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.