currently I am putting Earnie ball 10's on my DXMG Jackson and I use that string cleaner and a cloth to lengthen the life of the strings.

Its only helped by a day or two. My strings start to rust after about a week. I play ALOT and every day. Is this normal or is there a brand of strings that sound good and won't rust out on me quicly?
d'addario, they will rust, but they take alot longer.

are you in a humid enviroment?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
d'addario, they will rust, but they take alot longer.

are you in a humid enviroment?

Im in las Vegas, theoretically no its not humid. but my apartment had a water leak and it did get very humid in there.

Are D'Addario's expensive?
You could also get Elixir's, fairly pricey I suppose but they will last longer than your goldfish.
IMO all you really need to do is after you've finished playin is give the strings a quick wipe down with a duster or whatever u clean ur strings with and stick it in its case. Seems to do it for me
Quote by carrotjames
IMO all you really need to do is after you've finished playin is give the strings a quick wipe down with a duster or whatever u clean ur strings with and stick it in its case. Seems to do it for me

that could be the issue. i leave my guitars out on their stands..not a good idea?
yes, though i left mine out in winter where the temperature would be very different. such as 20 degrees celcius during the day and would hit probably 2-5 degrees celcius at night that made my e,b string go out very easily all though my wound strings were perfectly fine
Quote by koikomoru
Im in las Vegas, theoretically no its not humid. but my apartment had a water leak and it did get very humid in there.

d'addarios are not expensive and they're great IMO. i use d'addario xl 10's on my jackson dk2.
elixirs are expensive cause they last long, but i heard the tone is bad...
Yeh i think the problem is not with the type of ur strings you just need to put them away lol. But giving a quick wipe down before putting em away is good so they dont get rusty in the case as ur fingers have grease on em so it goes on your strings and they aint cleaned it rusts the buggers
Quote by koikomoru

yea, vegas is relatively dry. im about 280 miles down the I15 from you. similar enviroment. i dont have strings rust on me.

but d'addarios are under 5 bucks a set, they fary from 3.50 to 5 depending on where you go.

i have had the best experience with these strings over EB, dean markley, DR, warwick (for bass)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Last edited by tubadude at Sep 1, 2006,