Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Last edited by mEtAlORc at Sep 1, 2006,
I happen to own all 3 of those books, of the 3 if you could only get one i would choose the melyvn hiscock book.

The dennis waring book has good pictures showing you throught the contruction of two simple guitars. It doesn't go into any detail with any steps. But you will be able to make a guitar following this book.

The matrin koch book has alot of info, it doesn't really show you step by step how to build a guitar but it has plenty of info and a good electronics section. Although the book has quite afew typos and spelling mistakes and the way the 3 guitars being made are set out makes it kind of hard to read.

The Hiscock is a good book, it goes in into detail of all the steps needed using a variety of techniques. The back of the book and a useful list of suppiers and some full size drawing of some common routes.
Also, check out dave293's build (click on his sig) to get a good flow of the process. Lots of pics which are so helpful if building from scratch. It's one of the threads, along with other building studs' threads, that inspired me to do my mods AND want to take up shop.

Quote by dave293
I happen to own all 3 of those books, of the 3 if you could only get one i would choose the melyvn hiscock book.

The dennis waring book has good pictures showing you throught the contruction of two simple guitars. It doesn't go into any detail with any steps. But you will be able to make a guitar following this book.

The matrin koch book has alot of info, it doesn't really show you step by step how to build a guitar but it has plenty of info and a good electronics section. Although the book has quite afew typos and spelling mistakes and the way the 3 guitars being made are set out makes it kind of hard to read.

The Hiscock is a good book, it goes in into detail of all the steps needed using a variety of techniques. The back of the book and a useful list of suppiers and some full size drawing of some common routes.

Sweet, I'm gonna get the melvyn hiscock book. 40 bucks at chapters
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15