Wrong forum. It's really very easy, just play the notes in the arp, for instance, the rhythm guy is playing an E chord, just arpeggiate an E chorda and such.
What's a pirate's favourite guitar technique?

An ARRpegio.

It's actually spely arpeggio.

Back to topic: just break up the song's basic chords.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
do you know what a triad is? well basically arpeggios are triads. a triad is 3 notes, the root, the 3rd, and the 5th. lets pretrend your jamming in c. the notes of a c major triad are c, d, and e. knowing where those notes are, you can tap them, sweep them, and alt pick them. bam arpeggiation. if you flat the 3rd, it becomes minor. if you drop the root a whole step(flat seventh) you get a 7th arp. diminished apreggios are pretty easy to use, because any note in the arpeggio can be the root.
Last edited by metal_man12 at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by rockinrider55
What is an easy way to incorerate arrpegios into your playing

1) Learn the basic major and minor arpeggios in all positions -- there are basically
5 positions.

2) Practice a number of chord progressions -- maybe start out with only 2 chords.
Where ever you are on the neck, find nearest arepeggio note and play the arpeggio
notes when the chord changes.

3) Solo as usual and begin hitting the arpeggio notes as you want.

At some point you'll find you can sub in different arpeggios over the chord (like
a rel minor over a major). But, the first step is actually being able to follow the
chords while soloing.
Quote by metal_man12
do you know what a triad is? well basically arpeggios are triads. a triad is 3 notes, the root, the 3rd, and the 5th. lets pretrend your jamming in c. the notes of a c major triad are c, d, and e. knowing where those notes are, you can tap them, sweep them, and alt pick them. bam arpeggiation. if you flat the 3rd, it becomes minor. if you drop the root a whole step(flat seventh) you get a 7th arp. diminished apreggios are pretty easy to use, because any note in the arpeggio can be the root.

Try again... a Cmajor triad is made up of C, E, and G..... not C, D, and E. But you are pretty much right in everything else, so i'll assume that it was a typo.
I've never found them particularly helpful, but that's not my style.

They are a good way to get from one place on the neck to another, though. I usually use smaller arpeggios vs the 6-string ones because what is the f*cking point, anyway? Wow, you practiced your 6 string arps.

To me, all of the technique I've learned kind of melted into an overall web of connectivity on the neck. Like a game of Chutes and Ladders, sort of.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Try again... a Cmajor triad is made up of C, E, and G..... not C, D, and E. But you are pretty much right in everything else, so i'll assume that it was a typo.

Thank god, I'd been trying to wrap my head around the C D E comment and wondering what went wrong in my theory lessons.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings