Got myself a new dmusic account....heres the link

Just tell me what you think people. Any crits would be appreciated, and ill crit anything in return.

I know my voice is kinda crap.....but i thought the song needed it. Mostly pleased with the solo in all honesty.

Thanks folks

http://iain.dmusic.com/
Servant woman! Fetch me a drying cloth at once!!
Last edited by Gilmour_Wylde at Sep 3, 2006,
it was pretty good, liked the vocals and the solo was good
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
vocals were pretty good, nice and original, nice to hear a good pink floyd cover with vocals, great job on the solo, quality was also good, what gear do you use to record?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by gtrfrk123
vocals were pretty good, nice and original, nice to hear a good pink floyd cover with vocals, great job on the solo, quality was also good, what gear do you use to record?

Hey dude, thanks for the kind words. Ive got some nice equipment, but my recording setup is crude at best.

The acoustic bits were played on my Martin.......the Electric on my Ibanez S series...(closest thing i have to a strat).....

But my recording is all patched through a mic.......i literally rest it against my amp (Marshall Valvestate 65 for this recording).....and tie it into Cakewalk guitar tracks pro on my Pc......

Usually on my recordings you get a load of his in the background you kinda forget about half way through the track....but for some reason on this recording i kinda didnt. Wierd.
Really good sound with vocals and creative acoustic version 10/10 from me. One of the best ive heard in a while
Great tone, great vocals, great song.............GREAT cover! I like the high part at 2:10, and The lead at 2:20.... its orgasmic! haha
Work to live, not live to work.
Yeah liking this man.
when you played this last, you didnt have the string section transcribed to guitar. That was a nice touch on the chorus.
Quote by Maestro_Mike
Yeah liking this man.
when you played this last, you didnt have the string section transcribed to guitar. That was a nice touch on the chorus.

Yeah im pretty pleased with that arrangement.....on the next version ill put in the pedal steel guitar bits....

I had to work out the strings bit on the chorus by listening to it.....no version of the music ive found has those notes in it.....

If anyone wants those notes, ill be more than happy to try and tab them...cus you wont find them anywhere else.....
Tab for the string arrangement in the Chorus of "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd.

Trust me people ive looked....you wont find this anywhere....not even in the official "The Wall" book.....

Standard Tuning EADGBE

E/---5----------/
B/-----7-5-----/
G/---------7---/
D/-------------/
A/-------------/
E/-------------/ x4 *DURING THE D CHORD*

E/---5---------/
B/-----5-------/
G/-------7-6---/
D/-------------/
A/-------------/
E/-------------/ x4 *DURING THE A CHORD*

E/---3---------/
B/-----5-3-----/
G/---------5---/
D/-------------/
A/-------------/
E/-------------/ x4 *DURING THE c CHORD*

E/---3---------/
B/-----3-------/
G/-------5-4---/
D/-------------/
A/-------------/
E/-------------/ X4 *DURING THE G CHORD*

I cant be bothered to work out all the copyright stuff....but quite frankly, it would be pretty cool to be sued by the Floyd.

Sorry folks....im really not bumping this thread......just trying to share the knowledge....
For what's it's worth, the string section is arranged for guitar in a book I have of The Wall, but you got it exactly right.

Nice job with the vocals and clever acoustic arrangement. I wouldn't have used quite so much gain on the solo, but you definitely made it work.
Guitar solo sounded wild and right on, and vocals were original and good. Well done.
Peace
This was WICKED cool... very well done, I really enjoyed this cover. The vocals are nice, deep... well done...

Chorus is nice... and a STELLAR solo... very nice, tight... the little triplet at 2:45 or so is nice...

....awwww, and it's done?? WTF!

lol... nice job.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426998
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Last edited by Xerothunder at Sep 3, 2006,
Quote by Xerothunder
This was WICKED cool... very well done, I really enjoyed this cover. The vocals are nice, deep... well done...

Chorus is nice... and a STELLAR solo... very nice, tight... the little triplet at 2:45 or so is nice...

....awwww, and it's done?? WTF!

lol... nice job.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426998

lol yeah sorry about that......my internet connection is shall we say, unreliable

I cant upload huge things, so i only did half the song.....

Im working on an epic cover of "echoes".....that'll be posted in its entirity......should be interesting seeing as its like 20 minutes long or something silly

Thank you all for the kind words
really great job dude...i havet heard a cover like that one before...great job with the vox, u are a good guitar player...keep up the good work