I'm getting a new bridge pickup for my Highway 1 strat and need some help choosing here is what I'm looking at.

Livewire Metal

Or

Super 3

The music I play is mostly punk like Lagwagon and I also need it to be good for lead as well.

I have a Line 6 Flextone 3 and I'm on a $100 budget.
Last edited by Osiris77 at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what amp do you use? and whats your budget?

I just edited the post.
To my homie Azn: He's using a flextone 3... so I think he can get most any tone he wants already.

Duncan distortion.
Quote by Aidy Damage
To my homie Azn: He's using a flextone 3... so I think he can get most any tone he wants already.

Duncan distortion.

Actually I cant I need something with more distortion and something that will cancel out the annoying hum.
Quote by Osiris77
Actually I cant I need something with more distortion and something that will cancel out the annoying hum.

Um..put a humbucker in?

I don't know much about hardware or stuff like that, but it seems that's the obvious choice.
Quote by Spamwise
Um..put a humbucker in?

I don't know much about hardware or stuff like that, but it seems that's the obvious choice.

The 2 I put up are humbuckers I was just asking which would be better.
If you get the livewire, you'll have to switch the neck pickup to a livewire aswell. They're active and you can't mix Active And Passive Pickups.

EDIT: And I just see now that you're using a strat and Seymour Duncan don't make an active single coil (Do they?) so unless you want to do some serious rewiring I wouldn't get the livewire
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by GNR4EVER
If you get the livewire, you'll have to switch the neck pickup to a livewire aswell. They're active and you can't mix Active And Passive Pickups.

EDIT: And I just see now that you're using a strat and Seymour Duncan don't make an active single coil (Do they?) so unless you want to do some serious rewiring I wouldn't get the livewire

It has capability to have a humbucker put in without rewiring but I need to keep my neck pickup so I guess the livewire is out of the question.