Hey guys i was wondering what would be the best amp for me right now. I have a Schecter Gryphon guitar right now and i play Rock/Hard Rock/ some punk. Im not gunna be playing any gigs right now but im starting a band and i need something that will get over the drums. Im not too sure on my price range because i gotta sell my old guitar and then my dad is gunna give me some money but i need the cheapest best amp if thats possible. Oh yeah wut is the difference between solid state amps and tube amps? I am a total noob with amps. Thanks for your time
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Last edited by myguitarskucks1 at Sep 1, 2006,
well we need to know how spoiled u are...some dads mean they'll lay down 150$...others maybe like well heres half a stack with a 1000$ head...LoL

But just as a suggestion...a Vox AD30VT i think is known for its good sound for the price, probably the best value for the money...but i dunno to much about them other then they are a hybrid amp, which has a tube power amp, which does nothing for the sound, lol.

But I have heard that the AD50VT has a much better speaker
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
thanks....not too sure on how much money because my dad still hasnt gotten me anything for my birthday and it has been a month and he usually gets me money...maybe 200 bucks tops if he gives me money...prob sell my guitar for around 300 so i guess that is my "spoil" level
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
any other suggestions?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
ok thank you...what is the difference between tube and solid state? im not sure im a noob when it comes to amps
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Solid State amps (SS) use transistors/computers to make the sound.. They often sound harsh and hollow comparing to tube amps... Sound well on low volume, but sounds terrible when cranked...

Tube amps use vacum tubes to create the sound... This is an old technique, but in guitar amps it just sound more natural and warm. Usually sounds not so good at low volumes but sound incredible when cranked...

its a matter of taste, but most people prefer tube amps because of the natural sound
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
ok thank you...any other amp suggestions?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30