Does it matter that much? Most people I've talked to about it say that the more electrical power, the louder it can go and the better it'll sound... I'm starting to think that's not entirely true. I have a yamaha home theatre receiver and it's got 7x100W output, 100W per speaker. So I'm getting 200W output, but it doesn't even go that loud, just from -100dB to 0dB.

Anyways, I was checking out Vox amps and their famous AC30 series output only 30W and they're real expensive, even their 15W series is. So does the wattage really matter that much to overall sound quality?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
there is a limit.... but the sound depends mostly on which valves you got
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Wattage is nothing to do with sound, it's relevant to volume though.

And no, wattage doesn't alter sound quality.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Wattage is nothing to do with sound, it's relevant to volume though.

And no, wattage doesn't alter sound quality.

Thanks, good location btw oasis rocks.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
the -100 to 0 dB dont mean anything, its how they make it. they could do it from 1 to 10, and it will be just as loud.

mine goes from 0 to 80.

also, home theaters wont get as loud as your guitar amp will.
my theater in ym room (its a 6.1 reciever, all 6 are hooked up, and with a sub) is 1175 watts. my JSX is 120 watts, and it is louder than ym stereo. even though i have 4 times more the amount of speakers in my room.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Last edited by tubadude at Sep 1, 2006,
maybe someone was talking about headroom. The more power it has, the louder you can take it without introducing clipping or distortion into the sound. With vacuum tube amps(like the AC30) however, that distortion or "overdrive" that is produced from saturating the power tubes(running the amp loud), is coveted by a lot of players. It's a real ear pleasing sound as the tubes saturate and overdrive, compared to a SS amp at loud volumes which starts clipping. That's why it's more important for a SS amp to have more wattage, whereas small tube amps are coveted.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids