i am thinking about getting an ibanez, but dont have much experience of them, anyone fancy telling me about the RG350EX.....if anyones tried it, its either that or a JEM555, in normal circumstances i'd go for the JEM as it truly is a beautiful guitar, and a Vai model, but the reviews on here praise the RG350EX over the JEM cheers for any help

http://ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/rg350ex/index.html

http://ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/jem_555/index.html

the RG350EX is also about £400 (about $760) cheaper than the JEM
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Sep 1, 2006,
i even play the rg 350 ex and it's really nice
if you would like to change the sound over time you should replace the pu's as I did...
i thought it wouldn't make a big difference with the wood of my guitar...
but it makes a difference definitely!
and it's a good trem...only get's out of tuning if you make too deep divebombs but doesn't fall out of tuning too much...
you should buy it
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
The JEM555 is pretty crap, it's the budget version of the higher end JEMs and the hardware is somewhat poor as is the overall quality.

I wouldn't go for the 350EX either, it has a shoddy trem that will wear out quickly. IMO you should just bank your money for a while and/or look for an Ibanez RG5xx or current production prestige series RG.
ok, i'll keep my eyes open for other ibanez's -those two just appealed thats all.

my friend reccomends the RG1570...what you think of that? or any other reccomendations?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
ok, i'll keep my eyes open for other ibanez's -those two just appealed thats all.

my friend reccomends the RG1570...what you think of that? or any other reccomendations?

Swap the pickups and then it's good.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by blues_rocker
Swap the pickups and then it's good.

hmm...how about EMG's? hmm......i read somewhere that EMGs wont fit into an ibanez though? this true?

oh and is the 350DX any different to the EX? cuz it looks the same and is same price...its just white instead of black....
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by Yngwi3
hmm...how about EMG's? hmm......i read somewhere that EMGs wont fit into an ibanez though? this true?

oh and is the 350DX any different to the EX? cuz it looks the same and is same price...its just white instead of black....

they won't fit without modification into the RG1570 because it has no pickup rings. I had to round the bottom corners very slightly on the emg's themselves to fit them thru the face.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
how'd you do that? with a file or something?

im not one for DIY guitar mods
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

dremel ftw You have to be careful not to go too deep, but it's only a very slight amount of clearance it needs. If you don't have a steady hand, i don't recommend trying it yourself.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok cheers, i'll bear that in mind if i get the 1570
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

aha, dont worry about my earlier question,

i just read a review of the EX model
The same as the RG370DX but it's white and has a pickguard
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

how about this for a setup?

ibanez RG350DX with EMG Zakk Wylde pickups?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Or a RG520 if you don't mind a H-H config.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you gonna get an RG get a pristige. Other then that the S series is AMAZING. Just needs a Pup swap
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much