hello, im changing the pickguard off my american standard strat, and noticed the old one has a thin layer of aluminum on the bottom of it, while my new one does not. Does this affect the sound of the instrument at all, or is it not something i should worry about? If so, could someone give me a rundown on how to equip my new guard with it? thanks for the help.
It's a meager attempt at shielding it. Get some copper tape and put it on the back of your pickguard. Same effect. The instrument will work without it. Actually, you should get a goodly amount of copper tape and properly shield the entire cavity of your Strat. This will really help reduce the amount of single coil buzz you get.
Hi, I'm Peter
LAF meager? and what kind of head pounding u got going on there?

like said, its shielding. before u put the new pups on the guard tape it up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Inside a standard Strat? Ha! They put a postage stamp size of foil on the underside of the pickguard over the volume control and call that "shielding"
Hi, I'm Peter
yeah, i was laughing more at the language, not doubting the message.

and well, i wouldnt know about those simple standard strats.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011