Well i wanna put a bigsby on my les paul but i always loved locking nuts on guitars w/ locking tremolos but when i get the bigsby i dont wanna go out of tune whe ni use it, would a locking nut be the answer for tht
It should help a little, but it would require some modding to the neck. Chipping, sawing, drilling maybe :O
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
use locking tuners and a graphite nut. I am under the impression that a locking nut requires a trem with fine tuners. the bigsby does not have those. Also, Neil Young uses a bigsby on his lp without a locking nut.
Quote by vampwizzard
use locking tuners and a graphite nut. I am under the impression that a locking nut requires a trem with fine tuners. the bigsby does not have those.

You sir, are correct. The bigsby doesn't lock the strings at the bridge, so even with a locking nut, there will be minor tuning issues after using the Bigsby a bit. With a locking nut, you'd have to take loosen the allen screw, tune up, and retighten the screws to lock the strings.

Good locking tuners, when used correctly, will be almost as effective as a locking nut. And when your guitar needs tuning, you just tune up as you owuld with regular tuners. No locking / unlocking required. And installing locking tuners - even Sperzels which are probably the most difficult of all the big names - is a lot easier and requires less PERMANENT modification than installing a locking nut.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
where can i find one of those schaller ones and how much, does it hold tunings and is there someway i can keep my current bridge/tailpiece bacause i just got a new tonepros bridge with graphtech saddles and a tonepros locking tailpiece
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
where can i find one of those schaller ones and how much, does it hold tunings and is there someway i can keep my current bridge/tailpiece bacause i just got a new tonepros bridge with graphtech saddles and a tonepros locking tailpiece

Are you in the US ? - if so you can get one here - http://www.allparts.com/ (pricey though - $215). In Europe - http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_schaller_lp_tremolo_prodinfo.html (bit cheaper - 122 Euro).
I've never used one but it looks as if it directly replaces the existing bridge/tailpiece.
i think im gonna get the bigsby because its cheaper and i dodnt want ot replave my bridge/tailpiece, but still i wana fix the tuneing issue w/o buying new tuner