hey i hear like all the good people use marshal amps right(well the majority) but the thing is marshals are huge and i dont really play live or anyhitng, so im wondering if there is a good amp but in like a 15 or 30 watt version of a huge marshall or somthing, i would like links if you could thxx
dont bother with MG series marshall amps. they sound nothing like marshall tube amps.

depends on ur budget. but u can get a pretty good modelled sound with a microcube.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
wow after looking at that price maybe i cant get a good amp for 200 bukc
what would be the best thing for 200 bucks that around 15-30 watts
Maybe a Vox valvetronix or a Roland cube, what stuff do you play?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
If you want to up your price range to around $2300 or something like that the Gretsch Playboy 15 tube amp is pretty good.

But if you want to be a small spender still go with something from the vox valvetronix series or a roland cube.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Epiphone Valve Junior?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
I still suggest a 30 Watt Orange Crush amp.

Lovely sound.
Quote by yawn
My work here is done.

Destroying the lives of innocent people, one post at a time.

Member of the 'Muse > any other band' club
$225 30W cube
$240 30X vox.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
are the vox valtronic really tubes, and i tried to play one at guitar center and i couldnt figure out the controlls lol
The vox is not tube. As far as the controls, it does come with a manuel.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
what about a 15watt valvetronix>? 30watts isnt necessary in a small bedroom.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
i recommended marshall MG15DFX, i have one there a fantastic amp it feels alot louder than 15wats
ya i dont need 30 i was just saying like if it only came in 30 its fine or somthing.
hey were do you find those orange crush amps, i havent seen one at all, is crush the name brand?
Quote by eyeownyu
hey were do you find those orange crush amps, i havent seen one at all, is crush the name brand?

No, Orange is the brand name.

Orange's are great amps, but they are quite expensive where I live. If you can get your hands on one for a decent price I say go for it.

http://www.orangeamps.com/dealers/dealers_usa.html

Theres a list of their dealers in the USA.
Last edited by Pud at Sep 2, 2006,
I have a Vox 30 watt and I like it. At first I was confused about all the controls but don't let that turn you away from it, it sounds like it would be pretty good for you. It "specializes" really in clean channels and lighter overdrive and distortion (for blues/classic rock type stuff) but can get a decent metal tone too.
get a cube 30 or if you want tube sound an Ibanez Valbee, awesome amp for the bedroom
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
The majority of people (including myself) seem to say get the cube for metal and the valvetronix for everything else. You can get a fairly good metal sound out of the Vox though if that's your thing.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Quote by StaggHound
Epiphone Valve Junior?

Yep, a real tube amp. Put your favorite pedal on it and rock and roll.

Sweet!

(I got one)
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by eyeownyu
wats the difference between the orange crush 15 watt and 15R

Nothing. That I know >_>
Quote by yawn
My work here is done.

Destroying the lives of innocent people, one post at a time.

Member of the 'Muse > any other band' club
Quote by Shifty155
Nothing. That I know >_>

CR15R has reverb available. That's it I think
^judging by the 15R I assume the 15R has reverb and the other one doesnt.

and about not needing 30watts in a bedroom, the vox valvetronix 30 watt + models have a power knob in the back, so you can get anywhere from 30 watts down to 5 if you wanted, without losing sound quailty
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Dude, get a Vox!!! They hav such a gr8 sound n aren't that expensive ne more! They do sum real high quality smaller amps.

I got a Marshall MG15 for practising! It aint that gd, i wudnt waste money on it really. Compared with a vox it sucks!

check out www.voxamps.com, u can here sum of the tones!