I've spent the last few hours walking nearly 10-15 miles for 2 guitar stores. One of them, when asking google and the Yamaha website, was said to carry FG730's. I went there, but only found 720s and a 750. These, however, were horribly over priced. $390 for a 720, and that didn't even include a case. Eff that.

I truck over to the other store. Mostly Taylors, out of my price range. A few nice Seagulls and Washburns...still out of my price. Then I see a Art&Lutherie, I'm not sure the model but I think its a Cedar. It was Sunrise finish with sold cedar(I believe) top and wild cherry sides and back. It is $309 with a hardshell case included.

Is this a good deal? Should I purchase this or buy an FG730 online? Because if I want the Yamaha it's going to have to be online. And I'd have to be shipping it to my university, which I'm not sure how well it'd be handled in the process to get here.

So anyway, thoughts? Experiences with A&Ls and hopefully this model?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
I have an A&L, a Spruce, but an A&L nonetheless. All I can say is that they are great guitars for the money. $309 for a fine quality acoustic - made in Canada with mostly Canadian wood - with a hardshell case is a great deal.
Anybody else? I hope to make my purchase, whether its online for the Yamaha or the A&L tomorrow. So please, any and all suggestions would really help me out. I just want to make sure I'm getting the best for my money.
Quote by LuthierofTexas

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Dance, Kirby, dance!
A&L make good guitars at a good price, if you like the way the guitar sounds I would get it. When you order online you never really know what the guitar will sound like so it always best to get a guitar from a local guitar shop, even if you have to pay a little more.
Not taking any online orders.
I didn't even bother to look seeing as the 720s were priced higher than most 730s. I figured because of that the 750 would be extremely higher than I cared to know haha.

I'm thinking of ordering the 730 here in a few hours...but for anyone that has ordered acoustics online, how do they come? I assume it doesnt make a difference whether its from GC or MF, correct? Any way to ask for a set-up before its shipped and if so will it cost extra?
Quote by LuthierofTexas

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Dance, Kirby, dance!
The guitar will come in a cardboard box. If there is any damage to the guitar then you can send it back anyway so a cardboard box is really good enough. The setup isn't really something you can do before shipping. Technically the guitar is set up in the factorys but ones they ship it everything moves out of place and that is why they need set up again at the music store. If they do a setup on the guitar before they ship it to you, you will still need to do another setup when you get it.
Not taking any online orders.
Ahh, that's what I was afraid of. I don't have a case or bag, and one doesnt come with it...so Id have to lug it around town naked and I dont want to do that :/
Quote by LuthierofTexas

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Dance, Kirby, dance!