i used fender thin picks....but they kept breaking on me........so i tried out fender medium picks and they kept breaking my high e string.......so im stuck.....i cant find a pick that wont break on me or break my strings.....i tried out sum pick with a C on it that had grip and i liked the grip idea because i play fast but i broke my low e string again in a week......i use dr strings so that cant be the problem...do u know a good pick that would solve my problem?? thanks
Last edited by jezjr48 at Sep 1, 2006,
You must fucking attack your guitar if you can break picks and strings like that. Cool down a bit, eh?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Dunlop big purple are the strongest pick i have ever used and i ahve never broken a string with one.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
well the thin picks were like .5 mm or sumthing......and plus im playing for hours a day
Quote by timi_hendrix
You must fucking attack your guitar if you can break picks and strings like that. Cool down a bit, eh?

That's what I was thinking. The only time I broke a pick was when I was bending it when I was bored.
I've honestly never broken a pick. And regards strings, you mean your high e, the thinnest one, right? Who the hell breaks their low Es that easily. Sounds like you need to chillax a bit when you're playing.
Try a reeeally thin one? I find it hard to play hard (hehe) with those so it might keep you from breaking things.
Quote by hurricanes67
dunlop tortex

Those are the best! I use the blue ones.

I used to swear by Fender Picks. Once i switched to Dunlop picks, i never looked back.
Yes, Dunlop Tortex picks own. I like the .88mm greens and the .88 Wedge Whites. Seriously consider them.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Quote by hurricanes67
dunlop tortex

Goddamned right....I'm using a .50 Fender and a .73 MM Tortex...the Tortex blows it out of the water.
I agree with those that say calm down a bit, that would help a bit, and if you're goin that hard then you definitely shouldn't use thins, just too flimsy, I use pretty much any fender med pick, they seem to do the job for me.
wow u must play hard because i started using fender heavy picks a month ago and havent broken a string yet
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
i only break the thinest e string........i dont play that hard....but i do play fast
dunlop tortex 1.00 mm picks and dr strings works for me

Member #32 of Dunlop Pick Fan club PM gtrfrk123 to join

1st member of DR Strings are the best strings PERIOD! club PM CodySG to join

Member Of The Jackson/Charvel Owners Club
PM Tarzan_Man To Join
I use Fender Heavy Picks, and .011's on my guitars. And I have no problem with breakage on either part.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I use 0.10's strings and fender heavy and ultra heavy picks and I haven't got any problem.
dude you have to be attacking the strings when you play. ive been using fender lights (the thinest pick they make) for 13 years and i have never broken one pick or one string with them. so your just playing real hard. dont hold the pick real tight and try to pluck the strings for attack them.
Quote by koikomoru
Those are the best! I use the blue ones.

I used to swear by Fender Picks. Once i switched to Dunlop picks, i never looked back.

i agree

they feel good when i'm soloing around on .42-.09 gauge strings
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
umm you are talking about an electric guitar with strings that arent nylon arent you?
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
Quote by R0CKER1220
That's what I was thinking. The only time I broke a pick was when I was bending it when I was bored.

lol me too
Quote by KerryHammett
Yes, Dunlop Tortex picks own. I like the .88mm greens and the .88 Wedge Whites. Seriously consider them.

lol i normally use the 1.14 purple ones, and somtimes ill use the dunlop black one wiht the aligator on it, i think its a 2.0, its crazy hard impossible to break even wiht a saw or a knife
well if you go fast (shred), then se the dunlop big stubby 3mm, they work exceptionally well, i play a lot with .9 gauge high e and has never broken
Gear:
since everyone was bitching, heres my favorites...
-1995 Jimmy Page Les paul (16th bday)
-1960 Gibson Les Paul reissue
-2003 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
-Hot Rodded 100 watt marshal (200 watts)
when your string break, are u bending em? using the tremollo? both?

i always go for the lightest strings i can get (i tune in c# and like the flexibility... wouldnt do that with a floyd rose tho)

play with a dunlop .38mm pick... u can literally fold it over itself and it wont break! so u can attack as hard as u want without the ph33r of breaking something or shred as fast as u like (also great for pop'in in some false harmonics)
"A one that is not cold is barely a one at all!"
might be your bridge, i had a problem were i broke my g string every ****ing week, and it turned out my bridge needed to be filed. so take it to your local shop nd check it out
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll