So I've made my mind up and I'm building a cab. I wanna model it after an Orange 4x12 and was wondering if someone could answer the following questions for me:
1. What tools will I need? This includes adhesives, tools, powertools, etc.
2. Where can I find 18 ply baltic birchwood and how much does it typically run for?
3. Where can I find plans for a cab or at least a guide? I've looked through the cab sticky thread and can't really find anything that gives plans.
4. Where can I find grills and tolex to buy?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Wow, man. I have been thinking of doing this for months. I just posted it like two days ago, so I will give you some advice.

Home Depot could have it(I haven't checked yet). Ebay always has good stuff for cheap.

These are good sites for tolex, grills, etc.

allparts.com

That is so strange. I am doing an Orange 2x12.

partsexpress.com
So does anyone know of anyplace that actually has it and how much it might run me?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Bump? So what saws am I gonna need to build a cab and how much will they run me?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
for the circular part a jigsaw by hand will do.For the regular cuts you can do anything with it
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
http://www.amazon.com/Decker-JS600K-Variable-Speed-Saw/dp/B0000C6DXC/sr=8-3/qid=1157242991/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-1984045-2224666?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Would that serve as a good jigsaw? I'm just looking for something cheap since it MIGHT be used for two or three things (a 4x12, a 2x12 and a pedalboard)
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
yea 18 ply birch is some pretty nice wood, maby get some 7 ply 3/4 in birch from home dept. because most of the tone in a n orange cab comes from the speakers and the porting done to the cab itself. the cost is problaby going depend on the speakers you buy, and if i were you i'd get some good ones.
Would anyone happen to know some good alternatives to Celestions? The whole reason I'm building this cab is to not have to pay for the name on the cab.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
yea see, there isnt really a substitute for vintage 30s, they sound amazing, just get them and stop being cheap.
Well, that's pretty much impossible. I'm BUILDING this cab because I'm cheap. I was looking at some Eminences, but I really dunno what to get. I was also thinking of turning to Ebay as an alternative. I was really wanting a combination of V30's and G12H30's or V30's and G12-T75's.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
yea and its going to be less than if you'd bought one. you are trying to make an orange cab so expect to pay for one minus whatever labor orange has to pay for. you ask for 17 layer baltic birch plywood supplyers but wont buy celestians? sounds like a bad idea to me.. good wood+crap speakers = mediocre
use a router for the speaker holes
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.