Hey, my birthday is coming soon (Not really THAT soon, but I wanna start thinking what am I going to get with that money) and I would like to upgrade my gear.

Just recently I bought a Vox AD100VT to replace my n00b amp (Fender Frontman 15R. Rookies out there: DON'T GET THAT AMP AS YOUR FIRST ONE. It sucks.). But I've heard effect pedals are not that good if you use them on the vox. Is it true or not?

I need help choosing what to get. Upgrading my guitar pups (Right now I'm using an Epi LP standard with stock pups), getting a brand new guitar, or some effect pedals (Like, distortion, I wanna push the gain in my amp)?

Thanks in advance
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
How much money are you spending? What style of music do you play? Are you happy with the way your gear sounds?
hey man, you gotta realize that this site gets these sort of "what type of gear" threads hourly. so with that said, go out and try guitars with the pickups you want, go out and try effects pedals and amps. we dont know what YOU want, and we dont know what style you like so that leaves us sort of in the dust man.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
I'll get around 800 USD. I play classic rock, trash metal and some lighter stuff (Think The strokes). I also use some cleans, but not that often. I'm not very happy with the pups ATM, everything sounds kinda muddy when I play palm-muted riffs, metallica style. I was thinking about some Alnicos or EMGs, but when it comes to pick ups I don't really know that much.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI