What are the difficulties/differences of switching from a 6 string to a 7 string.

I actually posted this in a different thread, but i thought i'd better start a new one because it had nothing to do with the other thread.

THNX A BUNCH
AXEVIPER

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.

My e-mail: ultguitaraxeviper@yahoo.com
Last edited by axeviper at Sep 1, 2006,
i think all youd need is a new nut, new bridge and a slightly wider neck (maybe)
and the differences are you can right heavier songs without having to mess with the tuning, i think korn use seven string guitars
It's 7 to 6 not opposite You Need a smaller neck, and then again, just but a six string, it's cheaper.
i just got a 7 string last weekend, my first 7, if youre talking about actually changing the instrament itself, then i dont know, but for me i've noticed it's kinda weird at first, i feel like i couldnt name a string if you pointed it at randomly, which i feel i can do with a 6, theyre lower, and heavier, it seems easier to write original stuff for me, stuff that i find heavy, stuff i like, it also gives me the rights to make fun of my friends 'cause i can play a 4th lower then them
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
my main question is, is it hard to learn 7 string or is it just another string basically?
AXEVIPER

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.

My e-mail: ultguitaraxeviper@yahoo.com
pretty much^
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

its kind of both for me, it doesnt really effect my playing that much, once i got use to it, which only took like a day of solid practice
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
It's 7 to 6 not opposite You Need a smaller neck, and then again, just but a six string, it's cheaper.

What the hell are you on about?
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
I dont have a 7-String but I take the same principle of playing a 6 string....just with one lower string...I tune it to Drop-A like I would tune a 6 string Drop-D, I play the same chords....hell 7 strings kick ass IMO.