I am planning on getting a new guitar. I mostly play alot of heavy metal. I am looking at an Ibanez or a Jackson. I heard those are good for metal. Any good suggestions? I am looking at an Ibanez Iceman. I am trying to keep it under $600 dollars. I might be able to go over. I would also rather not have a Floyd Rose trem. I heard it is a pain to change strings and do drop tunings.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
There are cheap Jacksons for around $500. I like the King V, but it's your guitar, so your call.
Jackson DKMGT. EMG pickups, reverse headstock, 24 frets, and string-thru body, so you don't have to mess with a Floyd Rose, or a Jackson SLSMG, those are string-thru also. I'm not too familiar with Ibanez, so i couldn't really tell you about them.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
I am probably try out some of those guitars at my local guitar shop. Looks like Jackson is the winner so far.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Sorry for the bump but, I tried out some Jackson guitars. They are pretty sweet. But does anyone here own an Ibanez Iceman? That guitar is pretty sweet. But I have not gotten a chance to play one. Could anyone here tell me if it is any good?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

Last edited by KaMiKaZi90 at Sep 3, 2006,
Anyone here have any experience with the guitar? I am trying to decide between the Ibanez Iceman and the Jackson DKMGT.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

I played the Iceman at guitar center by my house and it was realy nice. It sounded great through the vox 30 watt i was playing it through and it had good action and fret access.
I like Jackson, but try a Schecter if you get the chance, great for metal. Plus most of them have string-thru bodys instead of a floyd rose.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Schecter has caught my eye. This one has me interested.

It is going to be that, or the Iceman or the DKMGT. But I have a question. I know that Active pick ups have I higher output. But does that give it better distortion? Or just make it louder?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

Yeah I'd say go with the Hellraiser. That thing is sexy as hell.

I'm not an expert on EMG pickups, so I can't help you. All I can say is they sound amazing.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
So far the Hellraiser is looking like the winner. But if anyone here has one: Where do you but the batteries for the active pickups? And how long do batteries last?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

I hear batteries last like...a year as long as you always unplug your guitar from an active cable thing, but i think thats a bit much, if you play guitar plugged in like 5 hours a day...it will last a monthr or two?

No idea.

But the battery has its own cavity in the back of the guitar that youpop open, plop the battery in, and away you go. From what ive seen anyway
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Anyone have any good pictures of the Hellraiser? Couldn't find any good ones on google.

Edit: Ugh, I need sleep...
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II