i am playing about 2 years electric guitar so i know how i make a triplet.i started the triplet normally with a down-up-down stroke BUT i realised some weeks ago that after some months i did the triplet as an up-down-up and i cant do now the normal triplet.shall i push myself to learn again the d-u-d triplet,will i have a problem at the future (plz only expirienced guitar players answer)

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
Just play it however you can play it the cleanest and with the least mistakes. It shouldn't really matter.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
weel here the real thing i noticed and i am posting here.while picking at
[example: down-down-down-down * (up-down-up) ] sometimes while moving the pick under the string (at the point u see the *) to begin the up stroke of the triplet i strike again a down pick so from that->(up-down-up) i make that mistake and ends like that -> down-up-down-up

AND that is not a triplet (notice:i do that some times)

My Gear:
Behringer X V-Amp
come on someone else answer...

My Gear:
Behringer X V-Amp
Its always good to stay at constant down-up-down-up and so on. If you're doing triplets on 2 strings or more, its always good to start with a downstroke 1st if you're ascending from the low E to high e string, vice-versa. For example:

D|-----------------
A|------------5----
E|----5--8--------

Generally, i'd do down-up-down as oppose to up-down-up coz if you're doing up-down-up, when you're getting to the A string, you may naturally or accidentally sweep the note and when you're doing it fast, its easy to get stuck coz you're confused whether its up-down-up or up-down-down.

Its good to stay inside an alternate picking motion and also another tip, always pick outside the strings when you're moving through different strings, if you pick inside a lot, you'll tend to get stuck.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I really don't see why that's a problem.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
If you alternate pick I think it's best do be able to do both. If you pick 'down up down up' and then the triplet comes pick it 'down-up-down', but if you first pick something like 'down up down up down' pick the triplet like 'up-down-up' In the end this will get you the best results when you're picking fast because two downstrokes or two upstrokes after another will take longer then down-up or up-down.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
anyway thnx all i try to re-learn the d-u-d

My Gear:
Behringer X V-Amp
It's all about what you are playing after that triplet. If you need to set yourself up for something, you might have to start with a down, or start with an up. If it's not a complicated peice and it feels comfortable, don't worry about it I suppose.