Page 1 of 2
Hi boys!
I play since december 2005 (8 months) and I want to buy a new guitar.
The reasons are those:

1 - Now I can play some songs and I really wanna join in a band to have fun with my buddies and improve my skill and musician knowledge. My plywood guitar can't do a good job :p

2 - Due to the plywood I can't play really well, because the neck isn't really flowing. I tried some mexico strat and I was really satisfated

I found this guitar and reading the reviews it must be amazing !!
Check it out: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039
Electron blue with maple fretboard :Q___

I'm 15yo so I think that is a good guitar for the price... saving money without working is really hard :S
I mostly play 70' rock, blues rock, classical rock and heavy metal. Is that guitar a good choice? Thanks in advance.
it's a nice guitar, nothing special, basic strat. I do recommend trying one first though to make sure you like it.

Edit: Post above, if your talking the Epiphone SG Special, he'd be better off with the strat (better built guitar). Threadstarter, do try other guitars too, find the one that is right for you.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Last edited by onemanarmy9 at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by into the moat
possibly an SG special?

I prefer tremolo :p
Quote by pinkhaze29
I have that in white and its awsome.

Nice.. what genre do you play?
Ibanez RG350DX perhaps???
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
Quote by mikeman
No, I don't work for Fender.

ahahha *laughed the ass off*
Well... I think I'll buy that guitar then
Quote by curlyhead_P
mexi strats are great for the price, and if you're gonna play 70's and blues rock then this is a good guitar for you. Remember though, strats can't do metal.

Well the most important thing is that I can play '70 rock and blues rock, metal isn't so necessary. Can I play also hard boogie, funky rock etc?
Quote by curlyhead_P
strats can't do metal.

Tell that to Iron Maiden. :p

Strat + Single-coil sized EMG pickups
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Quote by DeeWhy
Tell that to Iron Maiden. :p

Strat + Single-coil sized EMG pickups

Can I have a good clean sound with that pickups?
It's mostly taste. Some people like the EMG's clean, some don't.
But it would definitly get you to metal heaven.

You could replace just one pickup, leave the others stock for clean and lower-gain stuff.

[edit]
http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=7

Listen to the sound clips, see if you like it.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Last edited by DeeWhy at Sep 1, 2006,
Quote by DeeWhy
It's mostly taste. Some people like the EMG's clean, some don't.
But it would definitly get you to metal heaven.

You could replace just one pickup, leave the others stock for clean and lower-gain stuff.

[edit]
http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=7

Listen to the sound clips, see if you like it.

The clean is pretty good, but I don't really like the dirty
Quote by DeeWhy

The first one seems better
Do I have to change the bridge pu with that or I have to change only the body and neck pu?
They only have models made for neck and bridge positions. But I think that just means that the bridge version is a little brighter than the neck one (don't quote me on this, though).
You should be able to put whatever pickup into whatever position.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
id really reccomend trying guitars at your local music store instead of just look at reviews.

trust me

and are you sure you would want something so BASIC?
Quote by DeeWhy
They only have models made for neck and bridge positions. But I think that just means that the bridge version is a little brighter than the neck one (don't quote me on this, though).
You should be able to put whatever pickup into whatever position.

Thanks
Quote by iVenom
id really reccomend trying guitars at your local music store instead of just look at reviews.

trust me

and are you sure you would want something so BASIC?

I tried some strat mexico in my "local" (90km away -_-") store. But I can't buy anything here in ita 'cause they're thieves.

What do you mean for "basic"?
www.stellarguitars.com dude i have one of the lp copies....amazing!!!! and a really good price. there only like 250 bucks with a hardshell case, but you have to buy it from their store off ebay which is actually more convinient if you have a paypal account. plus they have like 30 day money back guarantee on all the guitars and warantys. the pups are really good for stock too!

ps. if u wanna hear the tone i get out of this guitar u can listen to my bands song
www.myspace.com/alesserevil i mean you can not do better for 200 bucks, not evenf or like 400 if you ask me. this guitar is so good for the price
I just got my Fender Strat HSS in arctic white today and i LOVE it.Looks great and plays even better,not bad for $500 Canadian Just my 2 cents on the matter
yeah, thats nice, but giving the music preferences you gave, id just buy a cheap epiphone SG or les paul, both are real nice.
I think the Fender would be a great choice for your new guitar. People saying that strat's can't do metal, remember this is a fat strat, it has a humbucker in the bridge. I am planning on getting one myself. blues rock, that says to me HENDRIX! Hendrix played a strat. I think this would be a great choice. What about the lack of any single coils on the les paul? The fat strat will surely have greater versatility. They say you can make a strat sound like a les paul, but you can't make a les paul sound like a strat........

Peace
Last edited by This_Kidd at Sep 2, 2006,
Quote by This_Kidd
They say you can make a strat sound like a les paul, but you can't make a les paul sound like a strat........

Peace

hehe
I am hoping to get one, still not sure on the colour though! Thinking probably Arctic White with maple fretboard, Hendrix style :P
Page 1 of 2