Hiyooo
i just got a Jackson DK2m in black with rock maple fretboard.
not onyl does it look rather cool, it plays very good as well. the action is nice and low, and (for once) the floyd rose doesnt go outta tune! i was playing it for about 1 1/2 hours, all while using the whammy for pinch harmonics and other crazy things, and i checked the tuning afterwards, and it was still in good tuning! not bad for a sub $1k guitar, eh?
well i was just postin 2 tell u that the Jackson dk2m is a good guitar to consider if u have a budget of $750 or higher. I'm sure there are plenty other guitars that can do as good or better, but for $599, this is one kick ass deal IMO
anyone else ever played it?
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
I played one at Guitar Center when some dude Custom ordered it, sick as hell, i loved the damn thing, played better than my Ibanez. I like the white one better, since it looks very mid 80's...
very true eric. the maple fretboard contrasted the black body nicely. it's something u dont see everyday, y'know...
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
And it's something that stands out, I honestly loved the tone every single second I was playing it...and hell it was cheap as hell at 600 bucks IMO.
yea definitely. i was actually looking at a used dinky before i found that one. it had a nice lookin sunburst finish, and played pretty good. it had this sticker on it, tho, which looked dumb. so when i removed it, there was a huge hole/crack under it!!!!!!!! i almost shed tears. well it was good anyway, cuz the dk2m played just as good anyway
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Well update your rig in your signature and GL with it, it's a nice guitar anyway, congrats on the sweet deal.
o yea thats right. lol one sec...
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
What pickups did it come with?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
sh4 in the bridge and Jazz JB in the neck
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
That settles it. Im getting one in snow white. thanks TS

I heard its a dirrect swap for OFR so if the LFR wears out. Good damn deal.

Does it do good bluesy jazz tones too?
yea. i actually tried it. it gets nice and fat when using the neck pickup. the bridge is a bit twangy to be honest, but it's workable if u have the equalizing for it, but as far the neck pickup goes, it performs well
Jackson Dk2M

ZOOM Fire 36

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
yeah as soon as i saw this in the 2006 lineup i wished i hadnt bought my jackson just before christmas last year, the white paintjob with maple fretboard looks awesome
Is it any good for metal? I'm really considering it but with all this jazz and twangy talk I might go for something else.