Wow, that really isn't that good. I can improvise and play a similar solo to that.

Why don't you just imprvovise? Its more creative and fun.

If anything learn the SRV solo note for note, much better IMO.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
dude it really depends how skilled you really are...

If you're a good guitarist then you'll sound impressive, but that doesn't just happen over night. There is no quick fix, if there was we'd all b rock gods. Simply practise, then you'l b able to impress people.

Sorry this aint really helpin at all... lern sum scales and improvise wud b my suggestion, sumthin that no 1 has heard b4 can be very impressive!
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
I want to impress people in my guitar class, ya I dont care if you think im lame I want to impress people, do you guys this this is a good choice if I play this note for note?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6350781059157734960&q=kristofer+dahl+voodoo+chile

edit: oh yeah and just out of curiousity would you consider that a hard solo

and its not me its kristofer dahl

yeh thats a good song. and depending on how far you have progessed will depend on how hard the solo is. of course since its a blues song you gotta put alot of emotion into the song to get the feel of it.
IMHO, to impress ppl, you dont learn songs, you learn techniques. Get better at it, train yourself so you could answer ppl when they say, "impress me"~
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
and then you can rip into a two handed tapping solo. but yeh mad does have a point impress people with techniques is probably easier than learning a song only to impress a few people
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh thats a good song. and depending on how far you have progessed will depend on how hard the solo is. of course since its a blues song you gotta put alot of emotion into the song to get the feel of it.

I can play it well.

It wasnt very hard to learn, Its technical and catchy which is what im going for.