you might be able to get over it with a 60 watt but u would be better off usin higher like atleast 100 if ur not goin to use a halfstack
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Well i can play over a drumset with a 50 watt. I dont know if that is the minnimum.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
itd be hard, it might short out your amp, i tried with my freinds mg100 marshall and umm, yeah its a ****ty amp in the first place but it melted the wiring we tried a double input and single output
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
^^ Yeah, If you use a mixing board, but isn't that great
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
usually that sounds bad and it overlaps, i've only ever seen people use two inputs on amps is when they used two different guitars onstage, then they just switched guitars and didn't have to plug in anything...it's not a good idea.

over a drumset...prolly 30watt tube, and i'd say 50watt solid state for a calm drummer
a crazy drummer might be more in the 40watt tube-60-75watt solid state range, but wattage doesn't effect the volume like everyone thinks
watts are just how much wattage the amp uses
usually the more wattage in = the more sound
but if you have two 100watt amps beside each other, one might be louder
read the one sticky amp thread, that will answer plenty of your questions
40w tube is usually enough.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i think the minimum would be a 50w tube. but a 60w tube or 65w tube would deffinently do it. 100w tube might overpower the drummer unless he plays real loud.
^I thought 40w tube could be enough for small gigs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
^I thought 40w tube could be enough for small gigs.

40 might work for small gigs. but everyone i know has used 50watters for small gigs but thier drummers were really loud
^Tube or solid state?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by rocknrollgod
tube

o.O Which amp?!
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
My 40W Fender Tube is balls to the walls loud, and I play in a jazz band so I have to keep it at 1.5 ish. I don't want to imagine what it could unleash on, say 12. *imagines*

40W tube is good for small gigs, clubs or bars. Maybe an extension cabinet or 100W tube for more bass while playing outdoors or bigger places.
40-50 watts tube probably is a little much if your just looking to get over a drummer, but will get over the drummer. For SS I would say 60 on up should do you fine depending on the amp though. One thing alot of kids do though is drop their mids horribly and expect to be heard in a mix. Not going to happen. Remember to use as much midrange as you can or at least use as much as you can in your comfort range.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
i had a line 6 spider II 30W (SS) and it got over my drummer just fine ( drummer not too crazy but not too calm either). Right now i have a 30W mesa Boogie (tube) and i don't think i will ever get to half way on the volume cause its so freakin loud!!
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.