ok ive had my cube 60 for about a year now and the warranty is up. I've sent it back once already because the first one i got was defective (the clean channel didnt work).
so its been a pretty reliable amp for the last year until this morning i turn it on and it doesnt work. i wiggle the cable on the amp end and it works. yay. ok now 10 minutes later it stops working again. i wiggle the cable alittle bit more and it works. this keeps up until it wont work unless im touching the end of the cable (where it plugs into the amp) if i let go it goes off. . not to be defeated by an inanimate object i wedge a cup of change i had laying about against the cable and now it works. ha.

ok so im sick of playing mind games with my amp. i was thinking that maybe it was something like you know on some ****ty guitars, the input gets loose after the cable going in and out of the input for a long time. . well thats a pretty easy fix, just like unscrew the jack plate and bend that little clip right? well how do i fix that part on my amp???

should i try to fix it myself or take it to a local shop/guitar center?
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
are you sure its not your cable?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by lookie here
are you sure its not your cable?

yeah i tried it with 2 of my other cables and same thing

if you so much as touch the cable you hear like a crackling noise come out of the amp. so i guess its the conection between the metal tip of the cable and the clip on the inside of the amp??
MY GEAR :
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Last edited by Jackson > you at Sep 1, 2006,
if you want to check if its the jack take the amp out of the enclosure and look at the board
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
how do i do that?
MY GEAR :
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah

Quote by Nole07
afind the screws holding the chassis on the enclousure and unscrew it
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by rocknrollgod
sounds like you got a loose input to me

thats what i was thinkin. theres way too much screws and **** and i dont feel like making a small problem worse. so i think ill just take it to my local shop/guitar center. do they repair amps? i dont even know......

how much do you think this sort of thing would cost?
MY GEAR :
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah

Quote by Nole07