Does anyone know some good begginer to intermidiate neoclassical guitar lessons?I know basics like scales and a couple pieces, but need some help. Any help is greatly appreciated.
try the riffs in vengeance by yngwie malmsteen, the solo is a little mental but the riffs all gd practise.
Quote by MetalHead_AP
Does anyone know some good begginer to intermidiate neoclassical guitar lessons?I know basics like scales and a couple pieces, but need some help. Any help is greatly appreciated.

if u want to learn some cool stuff, check out the Yngwie Malmsteen. his stuff is really hard, but in the Yngwie Malmsteen workshop power tab i found here, there are some scales and sweep arpeggios. i have had good sucess with my playing by doing the lessons he has . but just fyi, most of his stuff is written in a harmonic minor scale. try it out
Quote by JohnnyGuitar411
if u want to learn some cool stuff, check out the Yngwie Malmsteen. his stuff is really hard, but in the Yngwie Malmsteen workshop power tab i found here, there are some scales and sweep arpeggios. i have had good sucess with my playing by doing the lessons he has . but just fyi, most of his stuff is written in a harmonic minor scale. try it out

The problem I have with Yngwie is that pretty much all his stuff is harmonic minor. I'm talking modes, lessons, chords, other scales, etc.
umm for weird scales look into joe satriani, not neo classical though.
To me, neoclassical does not exist. It just doesn't! There is no substance to the genre. Therefore, you won't be able to find much on it, since it is pretty much all about sweeping and harmonic minor scales....
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
try these scales:

Harmonic Minor with a #4th

e|------------------------5-7-8--------|
B|-------------------5-6-9-------------|
G|--------------4-5-8------------------|
D|-----------6-7-----------------------|
A|------6-7-8--------------------------|
E|-5-7-8-------------------------------|

i don't have a name for that scale but it sounds evil enough and i think it's in the key of A (i donno what).
e|----------------5-6--------------|
B|-------------5-6-----------------|
G|----------6-7--------------------|
D|-------7-8-----------------------|
A|----7-8--------------------------|
E|-5-6-----------------------------|

also that one i donno it came from where , i was noodlin round and i like it
e|----------------3-4-------------|
B|-------------4-5----------------|
G|----------5-6-------------------|
D|-------6-7----------------------|
A|----7-8-------------------------|
E|-8-9----------------------------|

The Whole-Tone Scale in A.
e|-------------------11-13--------|
B|--------------10-12-------------|
G|----------8-10------------------|
D|-------7-9----------------------|
A|----6-8-------------------------|
E|-5-7----------------------------|
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by MetalHead_AP
The problem I have with Yngwie is that pretty much all his stuff is harmonic minor. I'm talking modes, lessons, chords, other scales, etc.

He uses Phrygian quite a bit actually.

To me, neoclassical does not exist. It just doesn't! There is no substance to the genre. Therefore, you won't be able to find much on it, since it is pretty much all about sweeping and harmonic minor scales....

Are you joking? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a genre. Have you ever actually listened to classical music? Do you have any idea how technically proficient some of it is? Of course neo-classical is fast
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by nightwind

diminished scales, dim7 arppegios, chromatism, phrygian dominant.... etc etc
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
try michael romeo
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Archeo Avis
He uses Phrygian quite a bit actually.

Are you joking? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a genre. Have you ever actually listened to classical music? Do you have any idea how technically proficient some of it is? Of course neo-classical is fast

Yes, I listen to CLASSICAL music. That's where it's at. I'm a classical guitarist of about 2 years now, and I have a fair understanding of what's goin on. I can tell you this - Bach > Malmsteen in musicality and ability.

Regardless, I say it doesn't exist because it's pretty much boiled down classical music played really fast.

I'm not trying to bash your "genre" or whatever, I'm just saying there is bound to be very little on it specifically because there is only a few people associated with the entire sound....

I suggest to the threadstarter you learn about "old classical" music. It's what the guys you look up to did, so why not go to the source?
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Last edited by nightwind at Sep 2, 2006,