Poll: Does your guitar has the strings very close to the fretboard?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does your guitar has the strings very close to the fretboard?
yes
27 60%
no
18 40%
Voters: 45.
My guitar has not the strings as close to the fretboard as others , so its "harder" to play on it. Bendings requre more "strength" to do and some other issues.
I say this because I always played with my own guitar , but one day I tried someone else´s guitar and I realized that it was so easy to play on.
yep, if you don't know how a music shop can do it. you friends guitar may also have had a shorter scale.
Spongerob47
Quote by blackhorsemen
My guitar has not the strings as close to the fretboard as others , so its "harder" to play on it. Bendings requre more "strength" to do and some other issues.
I say this because I always played with my own guitar , but one day I tried someone else´s guitar and I realized that it was so easy to play on.
Same exact situation here. I never got my action lowered, though, because it would have been too expensive.
Quote by yawn
Same exact situation here. I never got my action lowered, though, because it would have been too expensive.

A complete setup, strings and all, where I live is only $25. You must be getting shafted.
the lesser known of the 4
^ So did you if you paid for it. Do it yourself, it's pretty easy and there are a lot of good guides on it out on the web.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
This is a dumb thread.

Change your action if you dont like your current setup.

Adjust your truss rod. Best way to fix the action.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Y ou can change your action btw.

My acoustic is pretty average but my schecter has like a PERFECT action, never had to adjust it, easiest guitar i've ever played.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I myself like high action, wether it be electric or acoustic, but ya, just change the action, its really easy
Does higher action make your notes ring longer?

I myself have low action. I can move around the fret board with ease.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Ace88

umm NO, trying to adjust the action with your truss rod is probably one of the best ways to completely fuck your guitar. If you dont know how to do it go to a shop and have someone do it for and and also show you how to do it yourself.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
umm NO, trying to adjust the action with your truss rod is probably one of the best ways to completely **** your guitar. If you dont know how to do it go to a shop and have someone do it for and and also show you how to do it yourself.

How can you not know how to adjust your truss rod? Do you have cerebral palsy or something?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88
How can you not know how to adjust your truss rod? Do you have cerebral palsy or something?

i've never adjusted my truss rod, so i dont know how, i could probally figure it out though.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Ace88

cerebral palsy or not, do not use your truss rod to adjust your action (unless your neck is bent).
the lesser known of the 4
cerebral palsy or not, do not use your truss rod to adjust your action (unless your neck is bent).

Well obviously not! I meant that if the action is high in the middle of the neck, then adjust it. I had the same problem on my guitar, then i adjusted the truss and now my action is better than an Ibanez RG.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

ok, can somebody tell me why the truss rod is so damn sacred? i've adjusted mine myself on my bass and it's fine. just loosen the strings first, and don't force it if it doesnt want to budge--THEN take it to a tech if that happens. a little bend in the neck is fine, but if your neck is noticeable bowed, then adjust it. either way, see what you can do with your action adjusting screws first.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Last edited by Dan Steinman at Sep 3, 2006,
ok, can somebody tell me why the truss rod is so damn sacred? i've adjusted mine myself on my bass and it's fine. just loosen the strings first, and don't force it if it doesnt want to budge--THEN take it to a tech if that happens. a little bend in the neck is fine, but if your neck is noticeable bowed, then adjust it. either way, see what you can do with your action adjusting screws first.

if you dont know what you're doing you can snap the neck of your guitar, and you could really get hurt from that.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88

i was reffering to adjusting the action WITHOUT using the truss rod, either way you shouldnt relly do either without having someone show you how to do it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Ace88

Are you a complete n00b or something? You could just use an allen wrench on your bridge and save yourself a broken neck from messing with the truss rod, but your way is cool too, I geuss.
Are you a complete n00b or something? You could just use an allen wrench on your bridge and save yourself a broken neck from messing with the truss rod, but your way is cool too, I geuss.

You clearly did not read all of my posts.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

whoops, browser ****ed up there. delete this.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Last edited by Ace88 at Sep 3, 2006,