I just bought a six-string completely on impulse. It's orange, appears to be about Ibanez-quality, has a nameless headstock but says "Galveston" over the top of the 24 fret neck. It was in decent shape, set-up, with DR roundwounds. I payed $150 for it at a music store, not a pawn shop (on a side note, I did hit a pawn shop and grabbed a Morley volume for $50, and it's excellent )

Anyway, does anyone know anything about this instrument? Sorry, my sister has my digital camera so I can't post pics.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
nope, never herd of it before. when your sister gives you the camera back, post some pics. pics would help a lot.
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
will do.

Oh yeah, it has two soapbar pickups, two volume knobs and one tone knob. All passive.

I'll have some pics of it tomorrow. Basically, it's just very standard-looking. Not vintage, but more Dean/Ibanez/etc...

EDIT: I just looked up some info elsewhere on this bass, and it's got horrible reviews. An absolute POS. However, I didn't pay a lot for it, so I'll just clean it up a bit and take advantage of the two extra strings. For the price, it definately couldn't hurt.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Last edited by mountaindew88 at Sep 1, 2006,
Galveston aren't exactly regarded as superb instruments. I've considered buying one of their seven or eight string models though, just to see what playing an ERB is like.
They're very low quality, Korean made instruments.

I once considered buying a 6 string Galveston but in the end bought an Ibanez electric guitar.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Galvestons are like slightly higher end rogues, they're okay if you wanna try out somethign "Weird" for cheap, cuz they make 5-, 6-, 7- doubled 8, possibly normal 8, doubleneck fretted/fretless, etc for relatively cheap.
haha