bought a 2003 samick with grover tuners. it wont stay in tune though. do tuners loose their grip after a while? is there a way to tighten them or something?
tighten any screws u see on it?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
strings look really new though ! i thought new strings would hold tune less well.

will try tightening the screws
Careful with the screws on the end of the tuning keys.

If you tighten those too much, you can damage the mechanism inside.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
well i just took it apart and its definitely not slipping

could it be the actual string slipping from the beg? doesnt look like they gave them any wrap around, one if lucky at all.
yeah try doing a better wraparound, and if the strings are new they may not have been stretched properly, and if the guitar has a trem check that and make sure it is floating in the proper position and isnt bending down when you tighten the strings, that will massively screw up your tuning.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
well i have changed strings, checked tuners, checked bridge and it still seems to go out of tune straight away. annoying.
x2. if the strings are new then tune them thru the day until they are stretched. or pull up on them at the middle of the board a few times until they are stretched and can hold a tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah jenny already done that.

should have just gone the squier for the extra money, but these things are loaded on paper. i love the scale and the neck size, but it sounds crap and wont hold tune.
are they locking grovers?

if not u have to make sure uve got at least 3 winds around the tuners.
dont give up yet.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

how do i know if they locking, i cant move them if i put a small screw driver through the eye, can only move them by turning the knob.
well theyre should be two knobs. one to twist the tuner and one behind the tuner that locks the string inside the tuner hole
Quote by fiztech
well the strings i havnt replaced have about 1.

that's not really going to help.
u need to make sure there are a few winds per post.

aslo is this a strat? if so, is the bridge level?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah bridge is sweet. certainly a lot easier restringing than my RG hahaha. but rg sounds sssssssso much better. but i like the neck and scale better on this cheapy. i just hope i can get it setup so my GF doesnt have to worry about it.
ok so if the bridge is level, and the strings are broken in and its still falling out of tune.
it's got to be how its strung.

if it was just one string falling out, then it could be a bad tuner.
all the strings, either means the bridge is loose, or the strings arent tight on the tuners.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62