Ok i have a POS guitar with 2 pickups and it says Memphis on the Headstock..i have no idea wut make or nething it is becuz i bought it from my buddy and he had no clue...i also got a POS amp to match my guitar...my problem is that have some cash to spend but i dunno wut i should focus on first...hould i get new pickups? a whole new guitar or a whole new amp?? im a little stuck ..help....if this doesnt go in this thread plz tell me where to post it....
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
"And the light you left remains.." (So far Away, Nightmare, A7X)

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
Why is there no band under 5)? How much money do you have to spend?
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
funny how ive had that empty for a long time and ur first to ask that...i keep forgetting to take out 5 and i have roughly $200 to spend and if i need the new guitar more money will be coming in soon enuf
i just need to noe wut would be my best bet for good amount of money

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
Ok, here's what I would do. I would save and buy a decent to good guitar. There's no sense in wasting money on pickups for your current guitar. Now, money is going to start getting tight here because Iwouldn't spend less than 5 or 6 hundred dollars on your next guitar, then you'll need an amp. Fortunately you can get decent amps for about $200 CDN, at least where I live. Ones to look at would be the Roland Cube, Line 6 Spider II and the Vox something-or-other (can't remember the name). If you won't be able to get that much money soon I would buy the amp first. That way for $200 you can have a pretty big jump in sound change. Then you can start saving for your new guitar.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
alright ya..i cant get that good crisp sound outa my amp..but i was wondering if it had nething to do with the number of pickups cuz i only have 2 instead of 4...i cant get that "normal" guitar sound like most bands..i get a crappy sound....

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
I don't know of any guitar that has 4 pickups. Most have 2 or 3, but there's two different types of pickups.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
ok so 2 pickups is normal??all my friends have guitars with more then 2 pickups..btw the pickups r next to each other in the middle so its not like i get range with them...

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
Are you calling dual humbuckers, 4 pickups?
I'd get an amp first. Then a guitar, if money is tight, just do a pickup upgrade.
alright thnx..ya i guess i am..im talking about theres like 2 sets of pickups on the guitar where as mine only has one set of pickups

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
les paul styles usually have humbuckers and strat styles usually have single coils. not always though.

like I said,
buy a decent amp and then a guitar. if you just want to do a pickup upgrade, they make humbuckers in single coil size.
ya well that was my second question..cuz my guitar has the single set of pick ups..is that normal or a sign of a ****ty guitar?

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
i don't know what kind of guitar you have, but with some minor changes, it could sound alright. provided it is going through a decent amp.
i can tell u this much..its got memphis written on the headstock..its jet black...here im guna send a pic..i cant figure it out actually srry

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
thats ok. work on getting a decent amp first, worry about the guitar later. the majority of your tone comes from the amp.
what kind of tone are you going for? i would imagine something along the lines of the bands that you have listed. I'm not familiar with them. Try to find out what amps they use. look at guitargeek.com or try to find pictures of them on stage.