hey, i play electric right now and i want to take up bass for something new. whats a good bass that will give me a phat sound for not that much money.. and a good amp as well...

i play rock like foo fighters and **** and also i like a lot of radiohead and incubus and stuff...

peace. brock.
yeah, wtf is a signature?

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' club
i personally like the fender precision bass...i dont have one but i might get one soon...it sounds pretty good and is very durable...
well with bass i have no idea, but if u want a good fretbuzz like some basses give when tuned down, go with any guitar off of the bc rich line.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I'd need to see a picture of his penis.
Go with SX. http://www.rondomusic.net Resonable bass for the lower price.

As for amps, I suggest an SWR LA10, LA12, or LA15. Whichever one fits your budget. the LA12 was my first amp, and I am starting to practice with it around the house now instead of using my Gallien-Krueger.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

As for amps, I suggest an SWR LA10, LA12, or LA15. Whichever one fits your budget. the LA12 was my first amp, and I am starting to practice with it around the house now instead of using my Gallien-Krueger.

i saw the title of the thread and immediately thought of that link
Get an Ibanez GSR100
It's a good value bass for cheap and it's got a fairly thin neck so it's an easy bass to start on.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

i went to that site and at the top it says "illegal field"... wtf?!?
yeah, wtf is a signature?

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' club
Schecter also has some good quality basses for relatively cheap prices. A Stiletto Deluxe will run you about $300, and its a great bass. I played one of those before I got a higher end version of it. Nice place to start though.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by brock.-
i went to that site and at the top it says "illegal field"... wtf?!?

What browser are you using???

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
If you're going to be playing stuff from Radiohead and Foo Fighters and Incubus, I would definitely recommend a Fender P-bass, like so. They have very good tone and can produce some solid bottom end.
A strange man deficated on my sister.
But also quite pricey
Also the Jazz bass is better because of its versatility. With the right settings you can make a J-Bass sound just like a P-bass if you so desired.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join