Would a MIM strat with American strat pickups sound nearly the same? Or would the quality in wood make a large difference? How about the sustain, would that suffer greatly?

edit: Is it even possible to buy just the standard american strat pickups? If so, what are they called?
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
if your going for strat pups dont get the ones that come srock in american strats (stds) go for something like noiseless, Custom '69s, Custom '54's, etc...
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
if you get a mim thats real quality (shop around you can find nice ones) then replace pickups it will sound pretty bloody close to an american
if your going for strat pups dont get the ones that come srock in american strats (stds) go for something like noiseless, Custom '69s, Custom '54's, etc...
Aren't those not as hot or something, changing the tone?
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
I used to think that a modded MIM Strat would sound like an American Strat, but it's not the case. Who you are playing fo won't notice a difference but the tone addicts will. There is a difference in tone. It depends on the guitarist's ear to detect the differences.
that and the amp.

plus there's the feel of the neck, the weight and balance, its ability to stay in tune.

but u can get close.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm trying to decide between a modded MIM Strat, an American Strat, and a Carvin.

Check out my recordings
probably carvin. i trust them more as a company than fender sadly. but depends on the condition of the mim strat its best to try each one out just run your finger along nearly every part of the body to see how smooth the finish is on the guitar